[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hi, I have a little, but annoying problem and maybe one of you has an idea, how to fix it...

I use XenPorta and its "Recent Features"-block. I changed a lot, but it works perfect for our needs. The only problem is, whenever the text contains an [ ATTACH]-tag, the tag is displayed with the text, what makes no sense and looks ugly:

attach_tag.webp

I could find the template and the code fragment, that outputs the text... but what could I do, to eliminate anything from output string, that is put in square brackets?

Thanks for help :)

I have read in here that others have had issues with there being no promote thread option. Is there a fix for this. I have all permissions set up correctly but I have no option to promote a thread. please help

I have read in here that others have had issues with there being no promote thread option. Is there a fix for this. I have all permissions set up correctly but I have no option to promote a thread. please help

In your ACP, look at the bottom left and look for "Blocks" under "Xenporta", then click on "RecentNews" and select which forums you want to allow promoting to the front page.

Now when you add threads in those forums after you submit it, you'll see the option to promote to the portal as a button in the top right.

Have you check it with xenforo default themes?

The first is getting it to work with Waindigo's Last Post Avatar addon; it will show an avatar but only the default one. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you get this to work with the Last Post add-on? I want to use this as well.

QUESTION:
Hello,
I have installed Xenportal- i have defined the options and given all required permissions for the promotion of thread which i have tried to promote to appear on the homepage, but i don't see it there. Please help or am i doing something wrong? I can provide you the login details to try it.
Must i be the creator of the thread before i can promote it or just the permission will do it? For screen shot see
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/issues-with-xenportal.73631/#post-762077

QUESTION:
Hello,
I have installed Xenportal- i have defined the options and given all required permissions for the promotion of thread which i have tried to promote to appear on the homepage, but i don't see it there. Please help or am i doing something wrong? I can provide you the login details to try it.
Must i be the creator of the thread before i can promote it or just the permission will do it? For screen shot see
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/issues-with-xenportal.73631/#post-762077
have you marked the threads??
xenporta.webp

I know, promotions can be deleted with the "Delete Promotion" button.

But what, if this button is missing with some of my test-promotions? I don't know, what went wrong nor why the button is gone, but without the delete-button, I can't delete those junk-promotions.

Anybody knows, how I can get rid of that junk?

Hey guys, I have been implementing a version of the RecentFeatures block on my portal home page. Everything works fine for registered users, but guests just get an empty box where content should be:

guests.webp

Anyway, I have already checked and double-checked node permissions and both posts and attachments in posts are viewable by guests. I have confirmed this by going to one of the threads that was going to appear in the block and everything shows up fine, both the post and the attachments, including slide.jpg.

Here's what it should look like (logged in as a registered user):

registered.webp

I have looked throughout this thread and searched it for anything related to "guest" and "guests", to no avail.

Can anybody help, please? Thanks in advance!!

I just realised that the problem is in the notices. Whenever a notice shows up, the RecentFeatures block goes blank. But strangely that only happens to guests, not to myself as admin.

As a reference for anybody experiencing this, the workaround I found was to set up the notice that you see in the first screenshot to show up only inside all nodes of my site, not on the main page.

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home2/uniteen9/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/uniteen9/public_html/index.php at line 13

Im having this error when i post a thread in a 'feeded' forum. any help?

Top Bottom