[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Jaxel any chance of cleaning up the CSS templates a bit for XenForo 1.2 responsiveness, mainly tabs etc in the wiki.

So guys, I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I know this is a cross-add on question, but maybe someone has a solution? I am trying to add a widget based on Widget Framework based on the current wiki (XenCarta) page I am on. I can't seem to find an expression that works since page_ids are totally different on XenCarta or nonexistent?

This is working. It places the widget below all the standard XenCarta Widgets. I can probably tweak the position to get it to appear up top before the XenCarta Widgets.

bandicam 2014-02-10 11-39-42-539.webp

My question is, is there some php expression I can put in the Expression box so that the widget only appears on a certain XenCarta wiki page? That is what I am trying to do.

bandicam 2014-02-10 11-44-14-954.webp

XenCarta supports raw HTML pages if you wish.
In regards to this. I have literally hundreds of pages to make. I have all the info on a spreadsheet, and I'm hoping I can get a simple program to take the values from the spreadsheet and add them to a template for XenCarta (which I have already purchased). Would something like this work? A program saving a lot of html pages, which I can just bulk upload and would be listed in my wiki?
Also I've had a quick look over my server folders and I cant seem to find where the 20 odd wiki pages I've already made up are stored. Any nudge in the right direction would be great :).

In regards to this. I have literally hundreds of pages to make. I have all the info on a spreadsheet, and I'm hoping I can get a simple program to take the values from the spreadsheet and add them to a template for XenCarta (which I have already purchased). Would something like this work? A program saving a lot of html pages, which I can just bulk upload and would be listed in my wiki?
Also I've had a quick look over my server folders and I cant seem to find where the 20 odd wiki pages I've already made up are stored. Any nudge in the right direction would be great :).
No, you have to save the pages yourself...

Pages are saved in the database.

Hi, I think I found a bug. When someone goes to a page not found it returns "The requested page could not be found". There is a button at the bottom to create a new page with the link "wiki/special/create-page".

I believe it should be "wiki/special/create"

just purchased, installed & set my permissions up, but i'm a bit puzzled by the syntax here.

i can create new pages, but how do you link to other wiki pages? inserting a bb code like "[wiki]mynewpage[/wiki]" doesn't work -- it just shows me "[wiki]mynewpage[/wiki]" when the page is saved, instead of interpreting the bbcode and creating a new link (as mediawiki would.)

am I missing something here, or is there a different way to refer to a page that doesn't exist yet, bur that you'd like to create?

just purchased, installed & set my permissions up, but i'm a bit puzzled by the syntax here.

i can create new pages, but how do you link to other wiki pages? inserting a bb code like "[wiki]mynewpage[/wiki]" doesn't work -- it just shows me "[wiki]mynewpage[/wiki]" when the page is saved, instead of interpreting the bbcode and creating a new link (as mediawiki would.)

am I missing something here, or is there a different way to refer to a page that doesn't exist yet, bur that you'd like to create?
[wiki]slug[/wiki] is exactly how its supposed to work... but it only works on pages that currently exist.

[wiki]slug[/wiki] is exactly how its supposed to work... but it only works on pages that currently exist.

thanks for getting back so quick!

ok, so then the only way to link a page is to create the page first, then use the [wiki] bb code with the page's URL?

Just to contrast, the way mediawiki handles this situation is if you link to an unknown page, it'll make the link anyway, and when you click on the link, it'll tell you that the page doesn't exist & ask if you'd like to create it.

It is a much faster way to create lots of pages, though i'm wondering if it is even technically possible to add this functionality to xencarta (ie, so when the page is rendering & it hits a [wiki] bb code with an unknown URL, it inserts the URL of the 'do you want to insert a new page?' page, so you can easily click without extra steps.)

Is there anyway I can set it so all edits made need to be approved by an admin before they are shown? To stop potential abuse

Where would I change the image source information from images/ to images/wiki/?

Also:
2uijecl.png

Last edited:
I love this addon so far. Got a small feature request and noticed a problem when creating 2 "test" pages with the same url.

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'test' for key 'page_slug'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRcarta/Model/Pages.php at line 159
EWRcarta_Model_Pages->updatePage() in EWRcarta/ControllerPublic/Wiki/Special.php at line 146
EWRcarta_ControllerPublic_Wiki_Special->actionSpecialCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/beta/public_html/index.php at line 13

Is it possible to make it so that it doesn't show a server error? something like "this url has already been taken". It might get flooded with these if the wiki becomes larger and larger.

For my feature request. When the wiki becomes larger and larger it might become a problem to select a parent node so i'm suggesting this:
xencarta feature request.webp
the same system that xenforo uses for names. The second way would be to select a parent node and then it shows sub parent nodes etc...

Whoops the suggestion is not really necessary, I found out you can just type a name of a wiki page in the editor and it gets linked automatically to that page. Sorry for wasting your time about it. I know you are a busy man.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.3 CHANGELOG

• Special Page List has been redesigned, and now uses Masonry.
  • [wiki] bbcodes for pages that don't exist will now create those links anyways. From the resulting page, the page itself can be created easily.
  • Link to Special Create Page has been fixed on non-existent pages.
  • Fixed history updates for edits within 15 minutes
  • Template variables will now list underneath the template text on Special Template List.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom