• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For starters I broke my wiki pages out of the container in a similar way that many people break the portal page out. So I am missing the big "Amy" in the page container's white background.

The "Elin" name in the title bar appears the same size as the "Amy" title does on Jaxel's site. He has a line below with a blue background where the name appears again larger. I definitely should figure something out. The key word appearing more often would be good, as well as the larger size. Thx for the feedback.

Just installed. I go to cron and tell it to run sitemap rebuild. Do not see any files created in /data/sitemaps.

Also, do I need to create a robots.txt file in my public_html??

Thanks

If you desire to use a robots.txt file, then yes you would need to create it.

For your sitemap, have you set up the options in the ACP? ACP > XenUtiles > Options

Also try refreshing your view of the web server. Sometimes the files appear but don't update properly in your viewer.

If the sitemaps are built correctly, you should be able to navigate to them www.YourSiteURL.com/sitemap

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools) v1.1.2 CHANGELOG
  • Added the ability for administrators to empty the error log with a single click.
  • Fixed a bug where the deletion log entry would not get deleted for profile posts on daily cleanup.
  • Added email queue support for unconfirmed accounts, instead of automatic sending.
  • Fixed the pagenav links on the profile post spam finder page.

Love the last update.

In the next update, could you include the ability to send the sitemap to more search engines. Yahoo and Ask specifically. Yahoo is more popular then Bing, and Ask is close.

I keep getting this error and can't figure out wth is going wrong:

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 66
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in Dark/XFOptimise/ControllerAdmin/Kondou.php at line 35
  4. Dark_XFOptimise_ControllerAdmin_Kondou->actionMinifyjs() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/iestyn/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Anyone got any ideas? I'd be very grateful :p

Yahoo IS Bing.
Thanks, I just read that Yahoo began using Bing for results in Aug of 2010

I also read that Ask is no longer crawling the web
In November of 2010 Ask.com announced it would no longer be crawling, indexing and ranking it’s own pages, and will probably outsourcing that to Google or Bing. Ask will continue to focus heavily on Q&A. There is no need to submit your site to Ask.

In short, please disregard my earlier post. Have a nice day! :)

I keep getting this error and can't figure out wth is going wrong:

2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 66
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in Dark/XFOptimise/ControllerAdmin/Kondou.php at line 35
  4. Dark_XFOptimise_ControllerAdmin_Kondou->actionMinifyjs() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/iestyn/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Anyone got any ideas? I'd be very grateful :p

Well I'll venture a guess and say the part which says "Dark/XFOptimise" is related to another add-on :)

You probably want to post the question in the XFOptimise thread. First you may want to try to disable the 2 options for that add-on in the ACP to see if it has an effect on the error. The more details you can provide, the better others can assist you.

Well I'll venture a guess and say the part which says "Dark/XFOptimise" is related to another add-on :)

You probably want to post the question in the XFOptimise thread. First you may want to try to disable the 2 options for that add-on in the ACP to see if it has an effect on the error. The more details you can provide, the better others can assist you.

Oh crap I posted in the wrong thread. Can't believe I did that lol. I've got so many windows open right now that I'm confusing myself, thanks for pointing it out mate :)

I am also very new to sitemap. If a sitempa is created, do i have to upload it to xenforo? or will google recognize it by auto. Did read a lot here but still dont know

Minor suggestion. Offer a HTML version of the sitemap. It has been shown that HTML sitemaps can offer a SEO benefit to websites.

How can I block threads from my sitemap?

I have the following entry in robots.txt
Disallow: /threads/tera-tweet-from-*

That entry blocks all threads who's title begins with "tera-tweet-from-". The problem is these threads are still being submitted in my sitemap, and Google is showing hundreds of errors. I would like to clean that up as well.

Jaxel, can you share what sitemap software is being used?

If you do not have the opportunity to add a HTML sitemap, and enable us to add/remove pages as needed I can understand, but these are basic and important abilities we need. I am willing to read a software manual and try to figure these things out on my own if necessary.

I think this has to do with file permissions; should something be CHMOD 777 (and am I supposed a sitemaps folder somewhere yet)? This shows up when trying to install the mod.

Server Error

mkdir(): Permission denied
  2. mkdir() in EWRutiles/Install.php at line 22
  3. EWRutiles_Install::installCode()
  4. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kurt/public_html/voiceradio.us/public/admin.php at line 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom