• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are lucky your fb module works. Mine hasn't for a while. I noticed that the block on Jaxel's site isn't working either so I assumed it was a widespread issue due to recent fb changes.
Really?? Thats weird, nah its actually always been like this ever since I started using Flexile Dark, I didnt have many followers so I stopped using it, but im starting to realise how powerful FB can be, lucky me I guess?? lol

still wish I could get it looking good though

RSS modules are already here in multiple formats. There is Calorie's RSS parser and Brogan's RSS feed, both of which work on the portal page. As for the rest, Jaxel provided the framework to insert most any type of code into a block.
Yes Oracle, thanks...
I know it...but for some reason, I am not able to get Calorie's RSS parser working...
I saw the great job made by Brogan too, but I would prefer a module for XP, rather than editing templates...

I couldn't get Calorie's to work either. I posted asking for help but no one replied, and I haven't seen Calorie make a post in the last 30 days at least. Jaxel created a process specifically for users to be able to take almost any functional code and package it into a XenPorta block. So my RSS block is part of my XenPorta, it is just not developed by Jaxel.

In the first image below you can see that the RSS block is part of XenPorta. The 2nd image shows the block working on my website in between other XenPorta blocks.

This process does not require much development skill. Six weeks ago I had never heard of XenForo and never made any type of website. About a week ago I was able to make that RSS feed.

XenPortaModules.webpXenPortaRSS.webp

I couldn't get Calorie's to work either. I posted asking for help but no one replied, and I haven't seen Calorie make a post in the last 30 days at least. Jaxel created a process specifically for users to be able to take almost any functional code and package it into a XenPorta block. So my RSS block is part of my XenPorta, it is just not developed by Jaxel.

In the first image below you can see that the RSS block is part of XenPorta. The 2nd image shows the block working on my website in between other XenPorta blocks.

This process does not require much development skill. Six weeks ago I had never heard of XenForo and never made any type of website. About a week ago I was able to make that RSS feed.

View attachment 12789View attachment 12790
I am not a developer...so I do not have skills at all ! :unsure:
I'm just the new fresh admin of a board I've migrated from PhpBB...:p
However, yes, I think with a bit more effort, rss module can be done...
Will try later...
Thanx for your support !

I have a certain members that have more than one role (due to access to certain areas of site)

If one role has rights to porta, and another does not...it seems to ignore whatever their primary role is and take the restricted

how can i alleviate this...primarily so that admins, no matter their other role can always edit.

how can i alleviate this...primarily so that admins, no matter their other role can always edit.

you need to review your use of DENY permissions on your site. Personally I do not use deny for anything. There are reasons to use it but I believe it is overused most of the time.

Your basic admin should belong to the Registered User group, the Moderator group and the Administrator group. That means if you use the deny permission for a registered user, you are blocking your mods and admins from performing that action.

Deny is a dominant permission which over-rides all else.

you need to review your use of DENY permissions on your site.

deny is not being used...the grey "no/not set" area is - nothing is in the red never/deny for anyone except banned membergroup

i will double check every group now though just in case

just double checked them all...no nevers...not even in banned...they are all just no/not set

:(

any other idea?

if I am understanding you correctly, you have admins who cannot access the Home > Modules link? Sorry I am not clear on the exact issue.

Assuming the above is the case I would share a few thoughts:

- to be listed as an admin in the forums, from ACP > Users > Administrators, then add the person. This action will just make the user an admin in title unless you assign the administrators permission group to them. My first suggestion would be to ensure the user involved actually has the admin permissions template assigned to them.

- next, just to confirm, in the ACP > Users > User Group Permissions > Administrators at the bottom confirm for XenPorta the Can Administrate Portal permission is set to Allow.

- check the user's permissions profile. One way is ACP > Users > Search for user then see all the groups the user who has an issue belongs to. Check each group to ensure that none of them have Deny set for XenPorta (sounds like you have completed this step).

- lastly, click on ACP > Users > User Permissions to ensure none of the affected users have any custom permissions set.

If none of those steps resolve the issue, then to the best of my knowledge there is either an issue with your template/install, or a bug in XenPorta which I have not seen nor heard of.

admin in question is me...i have access to do all mod functions except for the portal addon

none have "deny" but most have "no/not set" simply because those groups don't need access to modding the portal.

i am going to remove myself from all usergroups except admin to see if this is truly what the issue is

thx

that didn't fix it...so its an install issue or bug :(

basically i see a blank portal page and there is nothing asking me to edit it

everything else seems to work though as far as in ACP changing whether nav shows etc

OK so it was conflicted

wordress proxy was set to take over home page. so the "modules" subtab was not showing when I was there, and there was nothing on the portal page itself

once i disabled that it showed up fine (even with double roles - which was all i could think of at 2 am - lol)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

suggestion to developer: maybe like on xenmedia, on the actual portal page be a link to admin that page in case someone has a weird configuration or mods.

Glad it worked out for you. Three tips which may be helpful:

- You can manually navigate to your module page. For my site the URL is http://terapvp.com/community/portal/modules. For your site you can either go there using a different account and copy the path, or you can replace "terapvp.com" with your site name. My install folder is /community. If you used a different naming convention, you would need to update that part of the path as well.

- You can move the "modules" sub-navigation choice to another menu bar if that is helpful.

- If you need to make multiple back-to-back posts in the same thread, please edit your latest post. Brogan might get grumpy otherwise ;)

lol yah i noticed #3 after i did it...hope he is sleeping...not likely though - ihope he doesn't "discourage" me :(

ok new issue

look at this screen shot...maybe there is just no more to see, but it sems cut off...the browsers (ff) scrollbar has no effect.

I tried to drag the widow around and could not

so it was just stuck

EDIT:
i won't be beat by a computer tonight, even though its 3:33am

i was able to get the whole thing in view by hitting CTRL and the "-" key to shrink my browser viewing down from 100% to about 50%

Attachments

• 8wayportss.webp
    8wayportss.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 6
It works fine for me, but I was able to determine the issue for you. It's your screen resolution.

This screen appears as an overlay and you cannot move it. I would recommend to Jaxel to allow the screen to move, or to position the default location higher. You need to change your resolution to at least 1280x960 to see the full screen.

i have a widescreen it is set to 1600x900

i don't think i will ever adjust my entire viewing experience to accomodate a mod that could easily work like every other window (moveable or scrollbar) :)

one last thing, i noticed in a couple of the 54 pages of this thread, there were different custom modules....is there one page somewhere that lists/links to them all?

As far as your resolution, yes the 900 is the problem. I tested with many settings and a minimum of 960 is required to see the full screen. Based on your screenshot you can see everything the full list of users to deny access. The permissions aspect of these modules was just added in the latest update. You are the first user to report this issue. I believe Jaxel will probably take not and make a correction for future updates. Of course you should not have to adjust your screen, but if you wish to adjust those settings today, that is a way you can do it.

This thread lists all of the official blocks for XenPorta. That same thread also offers instructions on how to create your own block.

yah i did the quick fix --- ctrl - to shrink JUST MY BROWSER...then ctrl + to get it back :p

thanks - i am hitting that thread now!

appreciate you taking the time to guide me around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom