• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you uploaded files properly ? i just enabled Keyword cloud and it's working fine. You might be missing something .

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Portal addon but the problem continues.
Finally I have decided to remove the media cloud module from portal

frown.png

Hi Jaxel,

The new CSS above, where we meant to put that somewhere if we use flexile? Or were you just showing changes made for 1.2.7??

ddmmh if you use flexile or flexile dark you do into the template extra.css on flexile and add those lines.

I have changed a hardcoded H3 string in file StatusUpdates.xml in directory library/EWRporta/XML.. After uploading of edited file again - what to do now to get portal page updated with my translated H3 string?

I notice for some of the updates users were prompted to remove modules or files prior to updating. Is that still required?

This is my first version update. I only have XenPorta installed, no other add-ons. I would like to upgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7. Do I simply repeat the original installation process?

I have changed a hardcoded H3 string in file StatusUpdates.xml in directory library/EWRporta/XML.. After uploading of edited file again - what to do now to get portal page updated with my translated H3 string?

Nevermind - Figured it out.. But what I dont understand is - why is some strings hardcoded? ...

Will that be in the new version, on the recent threads and recent news where in the ACP you can specify which forum the blocks fetch data from.

EG -

Recent Threads fetches data from forum 2-10
Recent News fetches data from forum 1 only?

Hi Jaxel. Isnt it possible anymore to break the News and show the whole news only in the Forum? I wanted just to show a part in the News, the whole news then via the "Read more" link
I have tried both pre- and prbreak but both shows the whole news content in portal

Hi Jaxel. Isnt it possible anymore to break the News and show the whole news only in the Forum? I wanted just to show a part in the News, the whole news then via the "Read more" link
I have tried both pre- and prbreak but both shows the whole news content in portal

same by me too

After update ....when i do [prbreak] article here [prbreak] on forum whole post doesn't shows up but when i edit and remove prbreak it does works ....anyone else having such issue on forum.

Thats what jaxel described:"Small change to [prebreak] and [prbreak]. Now, the contents within the break will be displayed on the portal page... So if I put "[prbreak]More after the break[/prbreak]", the text "More after the break" will only be displayed on the portal; it will not be displayed in the actual post."

For what that is, i dont know. It should be the other way, as it was before. Insert a break to shorten the News at the Portal and show only in the forum. In my Opinion one BBcode break would be enough. Thanks

But whole post in forum is not showing up that's the issue here ......it's not working the way he explained :(

I am experiencing a layout bug on my portal page. I am using XF 1.0.0 RC2. I have XenPorta 1.2.7 and XenMedio 1.2.4 installed. I have the default style.

When I set up only 2 modules on my portal page, everything appears fine. Whenever I add a 3rd module (I've tried a few) then one of my module display boxes jumps from the left side where it should be, to a mis-aligned area on the right side. Any ideas how to fix?

Screenshot of my initial settings and everything looking correct with 2 modules
PortalSettings.webp Portal.webp

Screenshot of what happens when a 3rd module is added
PortalBugSetting.webp PortalBug.webp

I notice for some of the updates users were prompted to remove modules or files prior to updating. Is that still required?

This is my first version update. I only have XenPorta installed, no other add-ons. I would like to upgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7. Do I simply repeat the original installation process?
Ideally you should remove previous files for every upgrade on EVERY add-on... but most of the time, you dont have to.
Nevermind - Figured it out.. But what I dont understand is - why is some strings hardcoded? ...
What strings?
Will that be in the new version, on the recent threads and recent news where in the ACP you can specify which forum the blocks fetch data from.

EG -

Recent Threads fetches data from forum 2-10
Recent News fetches data from forum 1 only?
Recent News already does this. Edit your module settings
same by me too
After update ....when i do [prbreak] article here [prbreak] on forum whole post doesn't shows up but when i edit and remove prbreak it does works ....anyone else having such issue on forum.
Here´s a Screenshot of what happens if using [prebreak] or [prbreak]
View attachment 11259
REALLY GUYS? Sometimes I wonder if any of you even read the patch notes I post, but then you go off and QUOTE my patch notes and still don't get it right.

Small change to [prebreak] and [prbreak]. Now, the contents within the break will be displayed on the portal page... So if I put "[prbreak]More after the break[/prbreak]", the text "More after the break" will only be displayed on the portal; it will not be displayed in the actual post.

Anything within the break tags will ONLY be shown on the portal page... Its actually very simple...

This is a post:
This is a sentence before the break. [prbreak]More...[/prbreak] This is a sentence after the break.
In the thread it will appear as follows:
This is a sentence before the break. This is a sentence after the break.
On the portal it will appear as follows: (More... is a link to the thread)
This is a sentence before the break. More...

Its a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL feature that you don't have to use if you dont want to. Just use [prbreak][/prbreak] if you dont want any break text.

Two minor bugs for XenMedio.

1. I sumbitted a YouTube video and used the Create Media Thread option. I opened the thread and played the video. The player appeared. About half way through I decided I was done watching and I closed the video with the X in the upper right corner. The music kept playing even though the video was closed. I waiting 30 seconds and it was still going. I pressed play on the video and the player opened with the video still playing. The video would not stop playing until I changed threads. Note: the pause button still worked but the idea was to stop the video as you would expect from closing the video player.

2. When I use the Recent Media module search function, it will only find results for an exact match. If there is a tag "sorcerer" and you do a search for "sorc" no matches are found.

Minor Bug for XenMedio. I sumbitted a YouTube video and used the Create Media Thread option. I opened the thread and played the video. The player appeared. About half way through I decided I was done watching and I closed the video with the X in the upper right corner. The music kept playing even though the video was closed. I waiting 30 seconds and it was still going. I pressed play on the video and the player opened with the video still playing. The video would not stop playing until I changed threads. Note: the pause button still worked but the idea was to stop the video as you would expect from closing the video player.
Stop using internet explorer... also, wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom