• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to get the Modules from XenPorta to appear as Sidebar Widgets on the main forum index? I'd really like to make the website feel fluid, but with different people creating addons to do similar tasks to the modules in XenPorta I think it certainly causes an issue with fluidity.

Is there any way to get the Modules from XenPorta to appear as Sidebar Widgets on the main forum index? I'd really like to make the website feel fluid, but with different people creating addons to do similar tasks to the modules in XenPorta I think it certainly causes an issue with fluidity.
the widget framework addon is compatible with xenporta.

When I create a newspost with an image in it, the image just gets stuffed in the top right square rather than showing up correctly. Any way to avoid this? I can remove the square entirely in the templates, but the image doesn't show up either way.
This is by design... the image in a thread is used as the thumbnail for the thread. No way to avoid this.

Is there an upgrade script? Do you mean the same xml file that we'd use to install? Maybe I'm just confused as in VB upgrade and install were separate.

I also saw you mention somewhere that it's best to delete the contents of the folder in /library/ before upgrading but you don't mention that all the time.

Cheers :)

Upgrade:

1. Replace the files in /Library (and /js to be safe), then go to your ACP and go to Home -> List add-ons.
  2. Drop down the "Controls" to the far right of the XenPorta entry and select "Upgrade". Then just put:
library/EWRporta/addon_EWRporta.xml

3. In the "Upgrade from file on server:" text box and click the "Upgrade Add-on" button.
4. Profit!

This is by design... the image in a thread is used as the thumbnail for the thread. No way to avoid this.
Interesting.. Maybe something that could be looked at in future release?
What I would like to do is remove the avatar / picture box entirely on the recent news. is this possible? And then show a full image if possible.
Reason is, if you have a picture, it also shows as the avatar example at ironrangers.net

Is there a way to remove the avatar box?

What I would like to do is remove the avatar / picture box entirely on the recent news. is this possible? And then show a full image if possible.
Reason is, if you have a picture, it also shows as the avatar example at ironrangers.net

If you want to remove the thumbnail box, edit the template for the recent news block and remove the calls for the box. Then comment out the following line in EWRporta_Block_RecentNews
Code:
$post = $this->getThumb($post);

Just as a counterpoint and different perspective, I really like the way it tries to use an embedded or attached image as the Article/Recent news image and then fails over to using the avatar if there's no image available. It'd reduce the number of times an admin/mod/article promoter would need to tweak the OP before putting it on the front page.

I do think the link on the picture in the Recent News Item/Article should be to the OP itself rather than going to the full size image/member profile. If a front page reader clicks on the image I'd assume they most likely wanted to go to the OP?

If you want to remove the thumbnail box, edit the template for the recent news block and remove the calls for the box. Then comment out the following line in EWRporta_Block_RecentNews
Code:
Thanks! I removed the calls for the box itself, and that seemed to work ,
but i did not see the code in EWRporta_Block_RecentNews
Code:

I installed latest version of XenPorta and just love it, however I have one strange issue. Whenevr I try and place the MediaRecemt,MediaCloud or EventsCalendar into the left position on home page I get the following error "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."
Any ideas?

I installed latest version of XenPorta and just love it, however I have one strange issue. Whenevr I try and place the MediaRecemt,MediaCloud or EventsCalendar into the left position on home page I get the following error "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."
Any ideas?
Do you have XenMedio or XenAtendo installed?

This mod has nothing to do with image uploading...

Thanks for the reply, I think that I installed the Mod before the ftp had finished
redface.png

Once again great Mod

Does anyone have an examples of a website using the new "Promote Thread" feature? Its not a function I use myself, so I want to know how its working out for people.

Hi Jaxel,

I have used the "Promote Thread" function. For me its not the common way to get threads on the portal page, because I have "news" forums. But sometimes a good thread is an other forum and for that I use the "Promote Thread" function.

So it is not the common way for me there was only once the need to promote a thread. But this worked quiete well.

My homepage is: http://www.onlinegilde.net - but be careful ist german so I don't know if you can understand anything :)

Greetings and thank for your greate work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom