• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My HeartFelt Thanks to ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jaxel, ddmmh and dieketzer!!!

It was the permissions that were causing it.

All is working fine and next and final step is to get XenMedio up and running and then I can rest.....sorta. :D

My HeartFelt Thanks to ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jaxel, ddmmh and dieketzer!!!
It was the permissions that were causing it. All is working fine and next and final step is to get XenMedio up and running and then I can rest.....sorta.
Awesome.
FYI, when you sit down, have a good meal, leave happy, it's always a good idea to tip the hard working server.
please visit here: http://www.8wayrun.com/xenforo/

You could, but it would probably be better to write your own module, rather than edit the existing one.​

I wrote back but it got pushed behind: I have no idea how to do that. What changes would this require if I would modifiy the current Recent Threads module and build a custom one ?

Awesome.
FYI, when you sit down, have a good meal, leave happy, it's always a good idea to tip the hard working server.
please visit here: http://www.8wayrun.com/xenforo/
That is in the works.
wink.png

Hi Jaxel,

Thank you for yet another great add-on :)

I use this add-on by DarkImmortal - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/parsehtml-permission-enabled-html-bbcode.8262/ which works fine on forum view but on the portal it displays the raw html.

Is this something you can fix or should I ask DarkImmortal?

Regards,
Renada :)
I can not give support for conflicts with someone else's mods. Besides, I've done EXTENSIVE work in the past few works to get my mods as compliant with the MVC framework in order to properly handle BBcodes.

Just started to allow registration on the site today... Have had a few complaints that they could not use the confirmation link in the email they were sent. This is the error they recieved..

"You don't have permission to access /forum/library/EWRporta/account-confirmation/14/email on this server." I tried to register a new account and recieved the same message... I clicked the regester link on the portal page and eveything seemed to go normaly , until I recieved the same error...

There was also a 404 "Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

There is no path /forum/library/EWRporta/account-confirmation/14/ and I am stumped as to why this email would have the the portal directory even listed...

HELP PLEASE :)

Just started to allow registration on the site today... Have had a few complaints that they could not use the confirmation link in the email they were sent. This is the error they recieved..

"You don't have permission to access /forum/library/EWRporta/account-confirmation/14/email on this server." I tried to register a new account and recieved the same message... I clicked the regester link on the portal page and eveything seemed to go normaly , until I recieved the same error...

There was also a 404 "Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

There is no path /forum/library/EWRporta/account-confirmation/14/ and I am stumped as to why this email would have the the portal directory even listed...

Thats very strange. Dont know how the portal interferes with your registration. Can you post a screenshot of your 'basic board information' in your control panel?

I tried register new user, its ok. Should you have another mod related to new user? eg. Welcome thread etc.

Sorry don't have some basic photo stuff on this computer... Here is something strange I noticed in the Basic Board Information... All the links have been changed to directories in the portal... None exist

/forum/library/EWRporta/help/terms) For terms and rules and forum/library/EWRporta/misc/contact for contact....

running version 1.2

I got XenPorta working on our default homepage, http://bukkit.org - but it's a tad of a nasty hack.

I'm going to detail it here for the sake of being awesome.

Heh. I did mad core editing - could probably do it with hooks, but I didn't have access to the Development panel at the time.

First off, the main root has almost the same code and rewriting rules as the normal XenForo index.php, with these additional lines of code:
PHP:
<?php // header for syntax highlighting

$fc = new XenForo_FrontController(new XenForo_Dependencies_Public());
// example line to show you where this goes...

///// HERE BE DRAGONS /////
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] = 'forums.bukkit.org'; // fool XenForo into thinking that we're on forums.bukkit.org, so that it works

$fc->setup();
$zendReq = $fc->getRequest();
$zendReq->setBasePath('/');
$requestUri = str_replace('//', '/', '/portal/' . $zendReq->getRequestUri()); // mad voodoo replacement so / => /portal/
$requestUri = str_replace('index.php?', '', $requestUri); // take out index.php?
$zendReq->setRequestUri($requestUri); // set it back! it's an object, so it's byref....
///// END DRAGONS /////

$fc->run();

I also edited the linking system (library/XenForo/Link.php):
PHP:
<?php // fake, again
// this is inside:
public static function buildPublicLink($type, $data = null, array $extraParams = array(), $skipPrepend = false)
        {
// skip a bit of code......

// orientation lines:
                if ($outputLink === '')
                {
                        $outputLink = '.';
                }

////// HERE BE DRAGONS //////
              if ((substr($outputLink, strlen('portal')*-1) == 'portal') || (substr($outputLink, strlen('portal/')*-1) == 'portal/'))
              {
                      $startPortal = strpos($outputLink, '/portal');
                      $endPortal = strpos($outputLink, '/', $startPortal + 1) + 1;
                      $outputLink = '//bukkit.org/' . substr($outputLink, $endPortal);
              }
////// END DRAGONS //////

Oh, and final kludge together, this is so AJAX requests work:
PHP:
<?php

// inside config.php, at bottom
if ($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] == 'www.bukkit.org') {
  header('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
  header('Location: http://bukkit.org/');
}

header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://bukkit.org/'); // note this only matches bukkit.org, not www.bukkit.org. Sigh.
// I couldn't get origin detection to work, so I haven't included that,
// more complex code here.
header('Access-Control-Allow-Headers: X-Requested-With, *');

This was documented at the request of pagangeek, who asked me how I managed it in a personal conversation on the Bukkit forums themselves. I figured I'd post it here too, to see if there was any interest.

I suspect I could get the Link class overriding to work using hooks, but I haven't tried using them yet, so it'd be a new adventure for me.

The registration is working.. I have turned off the email confirmation for now.... Need to sort this out though....

Sorry don't have some basic photo stuff on this computer... Here is something strange I noticed in the Basic Board Information... All the links have been changed to directories in the portal... None exist

/forum/library/EWRporta/help/terms) For terms and rules and forum/library/EWRporta/misc/contact for contact....

running version 1.2

I assume you run windows? You can press the 'print screen' button then open up Windows Paint and then select edit and then paste. You can then save the image and upload it here. I got a feeling your board setup could be wrong.

I assume you run windows? You can press the 'print screen' button then open up Windows Paint and then select edit and then paste. You can then save the image and upload it here. I got a feeling your board setup could be wrong.

stand by... I forgot about paint :)

Here you go...

I can barley read the screenshot but I can see you got your board URL pointing to the ewrporta folder? This shouldnt be pointing there. It should ONLY be pointing to where your forums are installed, and not as a path but as a URL.

IE; http://www.YOURdomainHERE.com/forum and that should fix all your problems.

If you want to make your portal your default page you need to create a 301 re-direct. Do you know if you have cpanel available?

I have a redirect pointing to the portal page...

I just changed the seting to point to the forum folder... When I did so all the other urls changed also... I had put the portal url in before I did the redirect... That is what was changing all the other urls that are listed on that page... This xenForo is very powerful indeed :)

Things are working fine now...
Thanks for your help

I have a redirect pointing to the portal page...

I just changed the seting to point to the forum folder... When I did so all the other urls changed also... I had put the portal url in before I did the redirect... That is what was changing all the other urls that are listed on that page... This xenForo is very powerful indeed :)

Things are working fine now...
Thanks for your help

Youre welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom