• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture 24.webp
*moved* i tried everything on xenporta settings, different max summary lengths, different versions...don't want social media options. anything i try still drops pictures outta borders. anyone know find out how to fix? thankx.

I'm getting this if I try to promote a thread.
The following error occurred:
The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread does not define an action called PromoteConfirm.
Am I doing something wrong on install? "Enable Custom Article View" don't seem to be working either. Sorry if this has been answered before, can't seem to find anything.

I'm trying to upgrade to the latest version. I've deleted the files in the EWRporta directory and uploaded the new ones. When I attempt to upgrade the .xml file I receive the following error: "Please enter a title using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, _ and . characters".

Any ideas on what's happened and how I can fix?

make you have no extra whitespace .. and without quotation marks

I'm getting this if I try to promote a thread.

Am I doing something wrong on install? "Enable Custom Article View" don't seem to be working either. Sorry if this has been answered before, can't seem to find anything.
This could be happening for two reasons...

1. You did not upload all the files...
2. Another mod is not extending the existing classes correctly. I made this mistake with one of my mods before hand, its a mistake you can make very easily.

What other mods do you have installed?

That was it, another mod in the way. Thanks a lot. Expect a donation coming for your great addons soon:)

First Post On All Pages was the mod it was crashing with.
Yes, there is a mistake in that mod in... FirstPostOnAllPages_ControllerPublic_Thread

The third line is:
Code:
class FirstPostOnAllPages_ControllerPublic_Thread extends XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread

It should be:
Code:
class FirstPostOnAllPages_ControllerPublic_Thread extends XFCP_FirstPostOnAllPages_ControllerPublic_Thread

As I said, very simple mistake to make... but if you make it, it obstructs other mods from working. The mod makes this simple mistake in other places as well.

Reactions: Mow
My modules show up fine when I'm logged in, but don't show at all when I log out. I started with nothing checked in the Show module to usergroup settings for each module, then tried checking all the boxes, and that had no effect. Are there any other settings I might be missing?

This mod is really good and I am very glad it is around.. It's really helping with the whole "merging 2 sites into 1" that I am trying to do right now.

If i wanted to edit how the actual posts look, would that be in one template or multiple templates? Not asking for an in depth answer by any means, but maybe a template name for me to look at. I want to give the posts more of a "blog with a preview" type of look to it. Large image spanning across the top of the post, with all the information below it.

Untitled-10.webp

Not posting the pic to get you to tell me how to do it or anything, just to show what I mean :)

Overall though, the mod is outstanding and I will definitely keep using it.

Sorry about putting it in the wrong place Brogan. Thanks DDMMH. I've got it set as index controller already but I can't find the setting to edit the menu bar

If i wanted to edit how the actual posts look, would that be in one template or multiple templates?
EWRPorta.css contains all the customized css for the portal page. You can look there for the current code but it is highly advisable you leave the template as-is and enter any changes into EXTRA.css.

This mod is really good and I am very glad it is around.. It's really helping with the whole "merging 2 sites into 1" that I am trying to do right now.

If i wanted to edit how the actual posts look, would that be in one template or multiple templates? Not asking for an in depth answer by any means, but maybe a template name for me to look at. I want to give the posts more of a "blog with a preview" type of look to it. Large image spanning across the top of the post, with all the information below it.

View attachment 17403

Not posting the pic to get you to tell me how to do it or anything, just to show what I mean :)

Overall though, the mod is outstanding and I will definitely keep using it.
the names of all the portal templates are prefaced EWRporta_
EWRporta_Portal is the overall page template, while EWRporta_Block_RecentNews is the template that controls what you have screencapped.
note that if there are other templates to consider they will appear in tabs when editing:

0089.webp

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.4 CHANGELOG
  • This update gives module blocks their own CSS files which can be included in the XML.
  • CSS relating to modules has been moved out of EWRporta.css and moved into the module's respective CSS template. You may need to revert templates or re-install modules which are not working correctly.
  • BoardTotals block will now list your records for most users online at a single time.
  • Bug Fix: ChatUsers block will now fail and cache silently if it cant connect to the chat server.
  • Bug Fix: RecentNews/RecentAccordion/RecentSlider blocks will now skip posts promoted in the "future".
  • Bug Fix: [prebreak] tags will no longer be quoted when a user responds to a post.

As you suggest, this is probably a permission issue.
Important permissions threads [link]

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/permission-confusion.12045/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/whats-the-difference-between-permission-types.5083/

You issue must be in one of these threads.

If you have any DENY permissions, my guess is this.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been tinkering with all the permissions I can find, but nothing seems to make any difference. Still can't get anything to show up for anyone but me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom