• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated and as Masterchief stated, it doesnt look any different to me. Will try disabling some as well to see if that resolves.

Ok, its users viewing thread by DB that was not allowing it to work for me. However, it doesnt seem to display correctly anyway. It doesn't seem to inherit the box style for the comments and it causes the countdown timer to break...

I noticed the same thing but it's the [xfr] Board Notices add-on so maybe the change needs to be made in that, rather than in Jaxel's portal?
Edit EWRporta_Portal template and search for
Code:
<xen:if is="{$blocks.top}">
Change for
Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
</xen:hook>
<xen:if is="{$blocks.top}">

Salud2

I talked about the [xfr] Board Notices add-on. With the change of XFacil.com the box is available in the portal but the thing I mentioned was that it looks strange in article view of posts.

If I change the EWRporta_ArticleView template like this, the message is shown twice. One Time in the same position as in normal threads and one time in the strange position I marked up in the screenshot.
Code:
<xen:description>
    {xen:phrase discussion_in_x_started_by_y_date_z,
        'forum=<a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}">{$forum.title}</a>',
        'name={xen:helper username, $thread}',
        'date=<a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{xen:datetime $thread.post_date, html}</a>'}
</xen:description>
<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
</xen:hook>

<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb source="$nodeBreadCrumbs" />
</xen:navigation>

The "forum_list_nodes" hook does not exist in the normal "thread_view"... therefore it is not included in XenPorta's new "article_view". I can not give you support for customization made for other mods, nor can I give you support for template edits as your specific issue in mind has nothing to do with this mod.

Please leave questions about this to the [xfr] BoardNotices thread.

Hi there. i have installed the newest version but where can i edit the Modules?
Before this update i could click onto the modules name, e.g. RecentNews, but that is not possible anymore. Permissions are all set to allow
Unbenannt.webp

Hi there. i have installed the newest version but where can i edit the Modules?
Before this update i could click onto the modules name, e.g. RecentNews, but that is not possible anymore. Permissions are all set to allow
View attachment 16382
You are most likely using the wrong link to access the modules.

As an admin do not use "Customize This Page". Instead use "Modules".

Jaxel, there are so many admins who get confused I would recommend hiding the "Customize This Page" link for admins. If it was an option that would require them to turn on, it would avoid a lot of confusion.

Another question, is it possible to create your own blocks and insert HTML code snippets or other code? If so can you advise how please?

With relation to my previous post here's a snip to show you what I mean about the two homes. (There was previously two homes in the blue nav bar too but I edited navigation file to remove it before I realised it was a bigger issue)

Attachments

• 2home.webp
    2home.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 32
Another question, is it possible to create your own blocks and insert HTML code snippets or other code? If so can you advise how please?

With relation to my previous post here's a snip to show you what I mean about the two homes. (There was previously two homes in the blue nav bar too but I edited navigation file to remove it before I realised it was a bigger issue)
Revert the edits you did to the navigation template.

Go to your ACP > Basic Board Information > Home Page URL and delete whatever info you have in that box.

For custom XenPorta blocks, please take a look at this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-module-add-ons.7611/

Jaxel
Can you please optimize this pop-up for 1024x768?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jaxel
Can you please optimize this pop-up for 1024x768?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It actually already is optimized for 1024x768... you just have FAR TOO MANY usergroups... most likely a leftover from how usergroups were handled in vBulletin. You no longer need so many usergroups, and you should consider consolidating a few of them.

It actually already is optimized for 1024x768... you just have FAR TOO MANY usergroups... most likely a leftover from how usergroups were handled in vBulletin. You no longer need so many usergroups, and you should consider consolidating a few of them.
That's a "bug" and can be fixed with data-overlayoptions :p

for Information - "custom articles" and post-it plugin

As postet here i will give this information to Jaxel.
Maybe he find an answer.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.1 CHANGELOG
  • Added support for two new blocks: RecentSlider and RecentAccordion.
    (blocks are located in the XML_Addons folder; just import them as needed)
Both these blocks will link into the "RecentNews" block settings. It will scan the RecentNews forum, and promoted threads first post for attachments named "slide.jpg" (attachment name can be customized in the module setting). If the first post has the afor-named attachment, it will get added to the Slider/Accordion. Unlike the RecentNews block, the attachment does NOT need to be the FIRST image; you can have the RecentNews icon as the first image attachment, and the slide.jpg as the last attachment and the two blocks will have different images.​

Generally, the dimensions of your slide.jpg images should match the width and height settings in the appropriate Slider/Accordion module. However, if your image dimensions don't match, the system will do its best to stretch out the image to meet the height (not width) of your settings. By default, these settings are (600x250) but you can change them very easily. I have done my best to have dimensions calculated prog-matically to eliminate the need for "knowledge" to customize the blocks to your need.​

You may wish to add the following codes to your EXTRA.css so things look a bit nicer if you're using the Accordion (change 180 to match the requirements for your forum's skin; my forum requires the 180):​
Code:
.recentAccordion li .summary.blur { width: 180px; }
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn't customize the portal's very first position.
  • Added a function so that if a user had previously customized the portal, and they lose the permissions to do so, their previous customization will now be ignored.
  • Fixed edit module settings overlays so they no longer "stick".
  • Fixed a bug where a redirects to promoted threads would break the article view.
  • Renamed to "Modules" page to "Administrate Modules".
  • Attachments will now be hidden on the first post of the article view.
  • Article view has been modified to look more like an actual "article" or "blog" post.

Great update. thumb up.
But how can i change the slider from black with white font to white with black font ?
The black background don´t harmonize with my style.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.4.1 CHANGELOG
  • Added support for two new blocks: RecentSlider and RecentAccordion.
    (blocks are located in the XML_Addons folder; just import them as needed)
Both these blocks will link into the "RecentNews" block settings. It will scan the RecentNews forum, and promoted threads first post for attachments named "slide.jpg" (attachment name can be customized in the module setting). If the first post has the afor-named attachment, it will get added to the Slider/Accordion. Unlike the RecentNews block, the attachment does NOT need to be the FIRST image; you can have the RecentNews icon as the first image attachment, and the slide.jpg as the last attachment and the two blocks will have different images.​

Generally, the dimensions of your slide.jpg images should match the width and height settings in the appropriate Slider/Accordion module. However, if your image dimensions don't match, the system will do its best to stretch out the image to meet the height (not width) of your settings. By default, these settings are (600x250) but you can change them very easily. I have done my best to have dimensions calculated prog-matically to eliminate the need for "knowledge" to customize the blocks to your need.​

You may wish to add the following codes to your EXTRA.css so things look a bit nicer if you're using the Accordion (change 180 to match the requirements for your forum's skin; my forum requires the 180):​
Code:
.recentAccordion li .summary.blur { width: 180px; }
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn't customize the portal's very first position.
  • Added a function so that if a user had previously customized the portal, and they lose the permissions to do so, their previous customization will now be ignored.
  • Fixed edit module settings overlays so they no longer "stick".
  • Fixed a bug where a redirects to promoted threads would break the article view.
  • Renamed to "Modules" page to "Administrate Modules".
  • Attachments will now be hidden on the first post of the article view.
  • Article view has been modified to look more like an actual "article" or "blog" post.

Hi Jaxel,

New slider works great. Only one issue with it, it repeats the image if its not the right size(smaller then the size of the slider). So it looks like when you tile a background in windows. Anyway to change this? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom