• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say... just install many of the additions, and this kicks butt that much better. A bit crappy that some places don't parse the duration with retrieval, though all good that it can retrieve... just have to manually enter the duration. Sweet!

This is going to be such an excellent addition to my site... the playlist feature rocks for putting together a quick personal list of favourite youtube music.

Worth every cent so far... and Jaxel has been extremely efficient in identifying and fixing any peculiarities. ***** (5 stars)

Megavideo produces:

Server Error
Invalid image type given. Expects IMAGETYPE_XXX constant.
  1. XenForo_Image_Gd::createFromFileDirect()
  2. call_user_func() in XenForo/Image/Abstract.php at line 168
  3. XenForo_Image_Abstract::createFromFile() in EWRmedio/Model/Thumbs.php at line 10
  4. EWRmedio_Model_Thumbs->buildThumb() in EWRmedio/Model/Media.php at line 154
  5. EWRmedio_Model_Media->updateMedia() in EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 954
  6. EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media->inputMediaUpdate() in EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 307
  7. EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media->actionMediaSubmit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /**********/index.php at line 15

Do you plan to add a sidebar for the latest comments? Something simple... like just showing the video title, or part thereof, linking to the content that has comments recently posted...

Its about the only thing really missing upon using it.

I also got this error when creating a new playlist... it created and exists, but can't use it due to this error coming up even when I click on it or try and add to it:

I obviously replaced DB_name.

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: FUNCTION db_name.FIELD does not exist
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 467
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 706
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRmedio/Model/Playlists.php at line 79
  6. EWRmedio_Model_Playlists->getMediaByPlaylist() in EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 533
  7. EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media->actionPlaylistView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /*******/index.php at line 15

Is there a way I could add a video+ data manually?

I get the following message when entering popular youtube videos:
Syndication of this video was restricted by its owner.

The videos in question display just fine using the built-in media bbcode.

Is there a way I could add a video+ data manually?

I get the following message when entering popular youtube videos:

The videos in question display just fine using the built-in media bbcode.
Replace the youtube error info field with this: (administrate services)
isset($json['entry']['app$control']['yt$state']) && $json['entry']['app$control']['yt$state']['name'] != 'restricted' ? $json['entry']['app$control']['yt$state']['$t'] : null

Thats a really dumb error on my part... fixed.

Hi Jaxel,

I installed this amazing script today before you posted this comment. When you say fixed do you mean you have updated this and I should re-download the link in the start of this topic? Or do you mean it will be fixed for next release? Thanks

That is also a little weird in conjunction with above errors, being that I uninstalled it completely, the playlist table remained, so I wiped it, then reinstalled it, yet the user permissions where modified on the new installation as I had them on the previous installation.

Is this not correctly uninstalling?

That is also a little weird in conjunction with above errors, being that I uninstalled it completely, the playlist table remained, so I wiped it, then reinstalled it, yet the user permissions where modified on the new installation as I had them on the previous installation.

Is this not correctly uninstalling?
User permissions always remain intact... it was the same way in vBulletin...

playlist table didn't uninstall because I forgot to add the uninstall code...

Administrative permissions do not work.

After adding two categories and 6 videos. I was unable to add more categories and/or edit videos that had been submitted by others.

I tried to access the admin area by going directly to:
/media/service/admin but I get redirected to /media.

I checked the usergroup permissions(admin) and they are as follow:

media.webp

Did you give your Registered Users DENY? People don't realize what DENY does.

DENY is a HIGH PRIORITY PERMISSION! It overwrites all permissions from ALL usergroups. If you are a user, member of two usergroups (ALL registered members, whether they are an administrator or moderator, are considered part of the registered members group), DENY will always take precedent...

Default + Default = Disallow
Default + Allow = Allow
Allow + Allow = Allow
Default + Deny = Deny
Allow + Deny = DENY
Allow + Allow + Allow + Allow + Allow + Allow + DENY = DENY

No matter what, if a single permission says DENY, it doesn't matter what other usergroups they are a part of, they will be denied. DEFAULT is what you should be using to Disallow, not Deny.

im interested in photos rather than videos. is xenmedio useful as a local gallery, allowing users to upload into albums and such?
if so, is it possible to post pictures via email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom