• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a wiki page designed to offer a bunch (about 70) of short music files found within the game my site supports. The start of the page is http://www.terapvp.com/wiki/music

I would like to add an accordion menu so the page can remain standard size. Users can select the category of music they wish to hear, press the category, and the accordion for that category would expand.

I located the code I wish to use: http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Accordion. I created a HTML wiki page http://www.terapvp.com/wiki/test2 and added the code. I then modified EWRcarta_PageView by adding the following just after the last xen:require js statement
Code:
<link href="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8/themes/base/jquery-ui.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>

<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  $("#accordion").accordion();
});
</script>

The accordion didn't work. I think I am close but clearly I am missing a key step. Can anyone educate me on what I am missing?

I love it

So you used XenMedio to make an audio gallery? Please share the details on how. By the way, these are .ogg files which is why I was using the existing HTML5 player <audio>. It does have a preload="none" tag but apparently that isn't working.

I figured out to get it to work with a single mp3 file. My questions are:

- how to get it to work with ogg files
- how to get it to work with a gallery/playlist
- how to make it look like on your site with images for each file both large and thumbnail, and the sidepanel view of all the music in the gallery

I love it

So you used XenMedio to make an audio gallery? Please share the details on how. By the way, these are .ogg files which is why I was using the existing HTML5 player <audio>. It does have a preload="none" tag but apparently that isn't working.

I figured out to get it to work with a single mp3 file. My questions are:

- how to get it to work with ogg files
- how to get it to work with a gallery/playlist
- how to make it look like on your site with images for each file both large and thumbnail, and the sidepanel view of all the music in the gallery

I'd also like to know the answer to this question, and would I be able to share this in the Wiki from xenmedio, or could I even set this out in such a way that I wouldn't even need to use the xenmedio mod.

What's the best way to handle wiki page name changes with respect to Google?

I have a couple pages that I have recently changed their name, so their URL changed. These pages are currently listed rank #3 and 4 on Google. Their links no longer work from the Google page. I want to tell Google "hey, keep my rank but update the URL". I know Google doesn't like re-directs.

Installed the latest update, love the idea of the like & page view tracking, but I don't like the implementation.

It would be helpful to know how many likes & page views each wiki page receives individually. It is not very helpful to know the combined sum of all likes & page views the wiki itself received.

On the forums, you can look at any thread and see how many views that thread has received. Same idea for likes and posts. This helps forum administrators understand what content their users are interested in. I hope the current update is a stepping stair in the process, and not the finish.

I am editing a wiki page and noticed the "Upload a File" button is missing. I realized it is now a permission "Can Manage Attachments:" in the ACP.

My question is, if user's have this permission and they delete an attachment while editing a permission, can that change be reversed?

I give all my members permission to edit Wiki pages because I know in a worst case scenario, I can always easily revert a page back using it's history. If a user deletes attachments, can I revert the page back to when it did have the attachment?

If yes, great. If no, I recommend splitting the permission in two parts. Can upload attachments and Can delete attachments.

I use KK's bbcode manager add-on. I have bbcodes of [h1][h2][h3]. Whenever I use any of these in the Wiki the entry in both the WYSIWYG and BB Code text editors look normal, but then after I submit the entry I see a CONTENTS title that I did not add, along with my entry double listed, once as a hyperlink which is to a non-existant page, and then a second normal appearance.

What I entered
WikiUnicorn1.webp

What it looks like
WikiUnicorn2.webp

I use KK's bbcode manager add-on. I have bbcodes of [h1][h2][h3]. Whenever I use any of these in the Wiki the entry in both the WYSIWYG and BB Code text editors look normal, but then after I submit the entry I see a CONTENTS title that I did not add, along with my entry double listed, once as a hyperlink which is to a non-existant page, and then a second normal appearance.

What I entered
View attachment 15046

What it looks like
View attachment 15047
The wiki will automatically generate a table of contents of ALL headers.

For forum threads, you can get all the text with $firstPost.message

I am looking for the XenCarta equivalent. I tried $page.HTML which of course provides the HTML. I just want the text, nothing else. Does anyone know the proper parameter?

Minor bug with the breadcrumb.

The native XF behavior is for the breadcrumb to reflect the current page. When you are on the forum main page you see Home > Forums, etc. In the Wiki the breadcrumb is one level behind.

Interestingly enough, if you press EDIT then the current page appears in the breadcrumb.

wikiBreadCrumb.webp

Minor bug with the breadcrumb.

The native XF behavior is for the breadcrumb to reflect the current page. When you are on the forum main page you see Home > Forums, etc. In the Wiki the breadcrumb is one level behind.

Interestingly enough, if you press EDIT then the current page appears in the breadcrumb.

View attachment 15282
thats actually wrong... native behavior is to NOT list the current page on the breadcrumb.

Its ONLY on the forum home that it does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom