• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a crap load of bugs were considering going to MediaWiki. I love this idea though but some of the bugs I noticed are the following:

1) If you edit the url not the title part after you already created the page the effects will not work. You instead have to edit the top also with anything then edit it back just to have any new URL only changes to reflect.
2) Posting HTML Never works. You must always go back and edit it then click HTML and then save.
3) If the page is HTML should never open that advance editor. Seams to enjoy making the format really ugly.
4) There seams to be 0 protected ways for content. For example a lot of Game and Developers use wiki's but also want to have say a Lock to admins only function so the general public can't see any of the sensitive information or leaks yet.

Not sure about 1, 2, and 3 but 4) you can most definitely lock pages :) At the bottom when creating your page see "Mark Page as Protected".

wiki.webp

Regards,
Renada

Anyone have suggestions on how make the wiki look better... Like it looks really ugly haha :)

wikisdsds.png

Of course. You are welcome to anything I have. Are you referring to my wiki page? or my actual home page?

LOL! Well not your firstborn, mine are grown up left home - well except when it comes to washing and my son still thinks he lives at home.

Teasing aside, yes the wiki home page :) Did you use Jaxel's gallery for that? It's very neat and tidy.

Regards,
Renada :)

Yes, the top half of my wiki was based on Jaxel's code in the 2nd post of this thread. The bottom half I created. I sent you the code in a conversation.

Yes, the top half of my wiki was based on Jaxel's code in the 2nd post of this thread. The bottom half I created. I sent you the code in a conversation.

Thank you :) I'll play around with that and see what I can do

Regards,
Renada

I've been through this thread several times so forgive me if I over looked the answer.

Currently I have a page like this:

item 1
item 2
item 3

page description

Where item 1, item 2, and item 3 are the subpages and page description is the text on that top page.

I would like to have:

page description

item 1
item 2
item 3

Essentially, just move the generated list of subpages from the top to the bottom.

How can I achieve this?

Hmmm.....

I'm just using it as it, out of the box.

I created two pages that I want to be my "top" pages and then edited my wiki index page to reference these two pages.

When I create sub pages for either of these "top" pages they are listed at the top of the page.

I would like to have them listed at the bottom.

Here is a live example:

http://www.dragonslist.com/wiki/index/

Click on Stances and you will see the two I have created so far (lady horse stance and horse riding stance) are at the top.

Thanks for the help.

I see your site. If you can, please click EDIT on the page you wish to adjust, copy the code and paste it here. I can then switch it around for you. It should simply be a matter of reversal, but I would be happy to take a look and ensure it works.

Thanks for the help.

When I click edit, I only see the text from that page and assume the links must be built behind the scenes.

Here is what I have when I click edit:

Stances are the distribution, foot orientation and body positions adopted when attacking, defending, advancing or retreating and vary greatly in their application and form. In general, stances may be described in a number of ways:

Open or closed
This refers to the lateral distance between the lead and rear foot. In general, open stances are more stable than closed stances. However, open stances leave one vulverable to groin attacks and expose a larger portion of the body to an opponent.

Long or short
This refers to the distance from the lead foot to the rear foot. Short stances make the user very agile, but can be unstable. Long stances are very stable, but this is at the expense of agility. Most stances are approximately as wide as the shoulders, though there is significant variation between styles.

High or low
This refers to the bend in the knees and height relative to a normal standing position. Low stances are very powerful and assist delivery of power through the body to either the arms or the legs. High stances are more mobile and allow one to reposition rapidly.

Weighted or unweighted
Unweighted stances are those where 50% of one's bodyweight is on each foot. Weighted stances place more than 50% of body weight on either the rear or the lead foot.

Most styles, arts and disciplines have one major stance that they regularly employ (generally from a standard guard position), and many variations of this standard stance which incorporate various combinations of open/closed, long/short, high/low or weighted/unweighted.

Examples of stances will be added soon.

Ok, now I understand what you are trying to do.

The good news...it is do-able. You will need to edit a template named EWRcarta_PageView

Locate the following code near the bottom of the template:
Code:
    <div class="primaryContent">
        {xen:raw $page.HTML}
    </div>

You can easily move this code up higher and position it above the page's name (i.e. Stances) along with the sub-category names. The issue is formatting. You need to decide how you want the rest of the page to look. Right now the orange bar at the top contains not only the category name, but your history and edit selections.

So do you wish to leave that orange bar in tact at the top and move only the page name lower? Or the whole bar?

You also need to understand this will affect the formatting on every wiki page you create, not just this one page.

The only lacking feature for me currently is the ability to allow my users to upload images.

I'm sure that will be addressed in a future version.

Thanks for the help Oracle, and thanks Jaxel for the addon!

I have a question, forgive me if it has been asked before.

I created a page which lists various software titles. Beneath each "title" is a list of hardware controllers that work with that particular package.

I then create a page specifically for one of the hardware controllers, but it is not linked automatically from the page above.

The title of the page is exactly the same as the name of the hardware controller I describe in the original page.

What can I do to fix this?

Also, this plugin would be cool if links were automatically made to sections within pages i.e.

http://www.domain.com/wiki/pagename/#3-headingtitle

All of my headings are inside H2 tags so that a TOC is automatically made at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom