• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed XenAtendo today and all is going well. I tested the calendar, the b-days and the events. Seems like an outstanding set up.

I do have two questions concerning the Events module on the home page:

1. I have 1 event today which shows on the Upcoming Events module, but I have several more events set up this week, including one tomorrow, and none of them show up in the Upcoming Events module on my home page. All of the events do properly appear in the Upcoming Events view from the Events tab. Is this a bug? Issue resolved. My eventsupcoming_range value in the module was set for only 2 hours, changed to 2 months...thx BlackMuddler!

2. It seems I should be able to click on the event in the Upcoming Event module on the home page, and then it would open up either the event itself or the forum post....but the event is not an active link. By chance is that a planned enhancement?

On our test site it was someones birthday a few days ago however their name hasnt disappeared from the Todays Birthdays list yet. Does anyone else see the same thing happen?

I just started getting this when It was working ok. I looked in all of the pages and I cant find anyone else that had this problem I cleared the files re uploaded and upgraded still same problem

(removed)

I reinstalled and fixed it thx

What is normal? :p

Lets say you have a upcoming event in about 2 months then set your range to +3 months and see what happens.. And I don't think the modules supports half hour setup.. But what do I know - I myself is a newbee..

Not sure what is going on, but for some reason its just not showing up for me.

Not sure what is going on, but for some reason its just not showing up for me.

Look here how I have done it.. I got my upcoming events in both Porta frontpage and in my selected forum.

First is the options i ACP..

XenAtendoOptions.webp

And second how I make setup in modules link in Porta frontpage.

EventModulePorta.webp

Hope you can use it to something.

Info: My XenPorta is 1.2.7 and XenAtendo 1.2.5

Look here how I have done it.. I got my upcoming events in both Porta frontpage and in my selected forum.

First is the options i ACP..

View attachment 11383

And second how I make setup in modules link in Porta frontpage.

View attachment 11384

Hope you can use it to something.

Info: My XenPorta is 1.2.7 and XenAtendo 1.2.5

Info: My XenPorta was 1.2.5 upgraded it to 1.2.7 and XenAtendo 1.2.5 and now its showing thanks for the help..

Attachments

• Module.webp
    Module.webp
    16 KB · Views: 3
  • Module2.webp
    Module2.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Module3.webp
    Module3.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 2
Just a thought - try to set - Minimum Event Hours - to 1 hour and then see what happens .. Otherwise, this looks reasonable and if still not working - is out of my comprehension ..

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.4 CHANGELOG
  • Javascript code for Anytime Date/Time selector has been consolidated into a single template.

Hi Jax. I've installed XenAtendo on my site and have experimented with all of it's functionality. It appears to be working wonderfully. I've read this entire thread through twice (yes, I really have!) and there are some bugs/enhancements which I'd like to ask about, which have not been resolved previously.

1. Need the ability to set an event time that is not on the hour. A few requests for this enhancement were posted and I noticed in 1.2.4 (above) it seemed this feature was added. I am using 1.2.5 and when I set up an event the only option seems to be hourly times. I've tried changing the times with mouse, arrow keys, numerical input, etc. and nothing works.

2. I have the Recently Active Threads module on my home page. When using a test (non-admin) account I can see threads posted in the admin only sections of our forums on my home page in the Recently Active Threads section. I am sure my permissions are set correctly. When I use the test account to click the link, I am denied access to the thread due to permissions. I believe this is a bug.

3. Promoting Thread feature. I have the Recent News module on my home page. When I first added the module, two threads appeared on my home page. I didn't care for those two threads representing my forums, so I chose another thread and Promoted it, and it also appeared on my home page. My desire was to have the promoted thread on the home page, and the other two threads removed, but the old two threads remain on the home page. Can you add a "Demote Thread" option? Or is there another way to remove those two threads from the home page?

4. The Upcoming Events module is on my home page. It is properly displayed the events along with the icon. It would be very convenient if a member who expressed interest in the event could click on the event icon and then go to the event. For example, in the Birthday module a member can click on to bring up a profile card. Can that feature be added?

5. This next enhancement may be asking too much but here it goes. I would like to see a media module on the home page which displays video. Basically a video player. The catch is....during non-event times it would play a selected video or run through a list of videos. During a live streaming event time the feed would change to that event.

As many have shared previously, I feel if XF customers had to vote for "Best Add-on" XenPorta and it's sub add-ons would win hands down. I can only speak for myself in sharing the above bug fixes / enhancement requests would simply make the best add-on XF has even better.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Jax. I've installed XenAtendo on my site and have experimented with all of it's functionality. It appears to be working wonderfully. I've read this entire thread through twice (yes, I really have!) and there are some bugs/enhancements which I'd like to ask about, which have not been resolved previously.

1. Need the ability to set an event time that is not on the hour. A few requests for this enhancement were posted and I noticed in 1.2.4 (above) it seemed this feature was added. I am using 1.2.5 and when I set up an event the only option seems to be hourly times. I've tried changing the times with mouse, arrow keys, numerical input, etc. and nothing works.

2. I have the Recently Active Threads module on my home page. When using a test (non-admin) account I can see threads posted in the admin only sections of our forums on my home page in the Recently Active Threads section. I am sure my permissions are set correctly. When I use the test account to click the link, I am denied access to the thread due to permissions. I believe this is a bug.

3. Promoting Thread feature. I have the Recent News module on my home page. When I first added the module, two threads appeared on my home page. I didn't care for those two threads representing my forums, so I chose another thread and Promoted it, and it also appeared on my home page. My desire was to have the promoted thread on the home page, and the other two threads removed, but the old two threads remain on the home page. Can you add a "Demote Thread" option? Or is there another way to remove those two threads from the home page?

4. The Upcoming Events module is on my home page. It is properly displayed the events along with the icon. It would be very convenient if a member who expressed interest in the event could click on the event icon and then go to the event. For example, in the Birthday module a member can click on to bring up a profile card. Can that feature be added?

5. This next enhancement may be asking too much but here it goes. I would like to see a media module on the home page which displays video. Basically a video player. The catch is....during non-event times it would play a selected video or run through a list of videos. During a live streaming event time the feed would change to that event.

As many have shared previously, I feel if XF customers had to vote for "Best Add-on" XenPorta and it's sub add-ons would win hands down. I can only speak for myself in sharing the above bug fixes / enhancement requests would simply make the best add-on XF has even better.

Thanks for your time.
1. you can do this by editing EWRatendo_EventsScript... replace
Code:
var rangeFormat = "%b %e, %Y %h:00 %p";
with
Code:
var rangeFormat = "%b %e, %Y %h:%i %p";

2. This mod correctly hides threads a user does not have permission to view from the recent threads module. If they are still showing up, then you don't have your permissions set correctly. Thread hiding in XenForo is done through "Private" nodes; and then you give permission to the groups who need it. If you are doing the reverse, where you are leaving a node open, and simply taking permission away; then of course it wont work because this is not how XenForo's permission system works.

3. There is a demote feature. Go back to the thread, click the Promote button and there will be an option to remove the promotion. If the thread is auto-promoted because its in a recent news forum, then you can't delete the promotion, you must move the thread to a new forum.

Hi Jaxel, I don’t want to hassle you, as I know you are seriously busy with all your add-ons, but I was wondering what your thoughts are on items 2 & 3 in my post: HERE

Are they a complete no-no or something you’re considering or working on?

Only I need to start building my new site to launch next month and I need to know if I should be working on plan A, B or C.

Cheers. :)

Hi Jaxel, have you any thoughts on this?

I am going to be donating $50 soon for the calendar view, but I would love to donate more. ;) :)

1. you can do this by editing EWRatendo_EventsScript... replace
Code:
var rangeFormat = "%b %e, %Y %h:00 %p";
with
Code:
var rangeFormat = "%b %e, %Y %h:%i %p";

2. This mod correctly hides threads a user does not have permission to view from the recent threads module. If they are still showing up, then you don't have your permissions set correctly. Thread hiding in XenForo is done through "Private" nodes; and then you give permission to the groups who need it. If you are doing the reverse, where you are leaving a node open, and simply taking permission away; then of course it wont work because this is not how XenForo's permission system works.

3. There is a demote feature. Go back to the thread, click the Promote button and there will be an option to remove the promotion. If the thread is auto-promoted because its in a recent news forum, then you can't delete the promotion, you must move the thread to a new forum.

1. Thx! Working perfectly.
2. My apologies. I misunderstood information shared with me by a tester. This is working as designed.
3. My fault. I wasn't clear on how this section was linked to the selected forum. All is working perfectly.

I am hoping you might reply to items 4/5 below.

Thanks for your time.

One more when posting an event, I would like to upload a flyer and the upload a file button is not there.. Awesome mod members love it.

I would like to offer the attached screenshots as evidence that threads are visible in the Recently Active Threads module on the portal page to users who do not have the permissions to view the threads. To the best of my knowledge it is NOT a permissions issue, but a bug in XenAtendo. (I do hope I am correct otherwise this will be quite embarassing).

- I have an "Admins" forum section on my website

- The Admins section is a Private Node. I have confirmed this setting repeatedly in the ACP. I have also confirmed it by visiting my forums with a Guest account, and the Admins section is not viewable.

- Using a 2nd pc I visited my website, did not log in (appeared as Guest with the "Sign Up Now" ad visible) and I could see articles from the Admins section listed in the Recently Active Threads module on the portal page. I should not have been able to see those articles.

- I selected an article from the Recently Active Threads module and tried to view it but could not due to permissions.

- I have the most basic permissions set up possible. There are only the 4 default groups, and I barely made any changes to them at all. The Admins node is marked Private, and the permissions for the Unregistered group are default.

- Of the threads involved, one was manually created by me. The others are part of a RSS import test that I set up earlier the same day. All of the articles originated in the Admins section and have never been moved.

I removed the Recently Active Threads module from my portal page for now. If you would care to do any testing I would be happy to put it back up and have you confirm the issue. The 2nd screenshot shows me trying to view the thread via the Guest acct.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• RecActThreadsGuest1.webp
    RecActThreadsGuest1.webp
    89.5 KB · Views: 4
  • RecActThreadsGuest2.webp
    RecActThreadsGuest2.webp
    41 KB · Views: 4
I would like to offer the attached screenshots as evidence that threads are visible in the Recently Active Threads module on the portal page to users who do not have the permissions to view the threads. To the best of my knowledge it is NOT a permissions issue, but a bug in XenAtendo. (I do hope I am correct otherwise this will be quite embarassing).

- I have an "Admins" forum section on my website

- The Admins section is a Private Node. I have confirmed this setting repeatedly in the ACP. I have also confirmed it by visiting my forums with a Guest account, and the Admins section is not viewable.

- Using a 2nd pc I visited my website, did not log in (appeared as Guest with the "Sign Up Now" ad visible) and I could see articles from the Admins section listed in the Recently Active Threads module on the portal page. I should not have been able to see those articles.

- I selected an article from the Recently Active Threads module and tried to view it but could not due to permissions.

- I have the most basic permissions set up possible. There are only the 4 default groups, and I barely made any changes to them at all. The Admins node is marked Private, and the permissions for the Unregistered group are default.

- Of the threads involved, one was manually created by me. The others are part of a RSS import test that I set up earlier the same day. All of the articles originated in the Admins section and have never been moved.

I removed the Recently Active Threads module from my portal page for now. If you would care to do any testing I would be happy to put it back up and have you confirm the issue. The 2nd screenshot shows me trying to view the thread via the Guest acct.

Thanks for your time.
Once again... this is the wrong thread...

Are you caching your Recently Active Threads module? It should not be cached.

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how to edit an event if say, for instance, the wrong time had been set and people had already RSVP'd and I didn't want to redo the whole event from scratch. I apparently found an edit page once earlier on today and for the life of me I can't find it again LOL! I can edit the forum message but not the event itself.

For Jaxel (unless this is already possible)
Is it possible for the event creator to reply yes, no maybe as well please? For some of our raid events its not always possible for the person who posted the event to attend etc.

Also, I know you said that the No, Maybe options didn't show a reason unless you hovered over the name - could this be made so it shows up regardless of the option choice so that all comments are visible please?

Regards,
Renada

XenAtendoEdit.webp

Go to the Events tab and select the event from the calendar. When it appears, select the Edit button in the upper center/right.

Also, the event creator can definitely RSVP for the event. I have done it before and just testing it again to confirm. You can even modify your RSVP after deciding.

View attachment 11691

Go to the Events tab and select the event from the calendar. When it appears, select the Edit button in the upper center/right.

Also, the event creator can definitely RSVP for the event. I have done it before and just testing it again to confirm. You can even modify your RSVP after deciding.

Neither of these seem to be there/work if you've chosen the create a thread with this event option.

If I create an event without a thread yes, it works as you say. If you create a thread with the event it doesn't appear to.

Regards,
Renada :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom