XF 2.2 "NEW" showing for imported users

RichDevman

I did a test import to do the theming and everything. How can I rerun it without starting over completely? I can just run the import again and over write?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you do another import, it will have two copies of the original forum posts and threads, private messages, etc. The second set of items will not have retained ids. You do not want to do this.

I recommend downloading your theme, and upload that into a fresh Xenforo installation. Then do a new import.

There are ways to do a fresh import into the existing Xenforo, but it requires database work and removing some files.

Thats a nightmare. I had that issue years ago when I did my first import but for some reason I thought they finally fixed that. This is really one of the worst things about moving from Vbulletin. It isn't just the theming that is done, it is plug ins and settings and all kinds of tweaks. I hate to do it over again.

I am fine with doing database work. Is there a guide?

Thanks so much for the reply and the info.

Thats a nightmare. I had that issue years ago when I did my first import but for some reason I thought they finally fixed that. This is really one of the worst things about moving from Vbulletin. It isn't just the theming that is done, it is plug ins and settings and all kinds of tweaks. I hate to do it over again.

I am fine with doing database work. Is there a guide?

Thanks so much for the reply and the info.

I don't know about any guides, though I'm not ruling out one on the forums. It's been since way back in the early Xenforo 1.x days since I needed to do anything like that before I wrote my incremental importer

You should have taken a backup just prior to importing.

Top Bottom