XF 2.2 Manually Registering Users?

PPC Coach

I want to manually register users who pay for my membership.

I'm using systeme.io for the funnel/checkout and all that good stuff.

BUT

I can't figure out anyway to get paying members into the members only forum except to do it all manually.

Am I missing some cool trick?

Just remembered the "Create New User" option in the admin.

Does that send them an email and ask them to change their password?
Nope.

But you can send them an email through the Admin Panel or just start a conversation with them which will trigger an email (if set)

Ok cool, I can send them an email.

I think read to set a password but don't tell them which will force them to reset it.

I wish I could figure out how to create a new user via the API but I have no clue...

Just remembered the "Create New User" option in the admin.

Does that send them an email and ask them to change their password?

There is an option to do that when editing a user - you can send them a password reset:

1715994053094.webp

I wish I could figure out how to create a new user via the API but I have no clue...

I wrote a tutorial on how to use the API which might help: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-call-the-xenforo-api.7875/

Right on, thanks man.

I am kind of leaning now towards just sending them the registration link so they can create their account on their own.

(Less work for me and they can pick their username).

I'm thinking if I do that, I can use the "Question and answer CAPTCHAs" to say "What is the password?"

(I'll create a password and include that in the auto-email to them when they buy a membership).

That should stop all the spam accounts and if the password gets out, I'll just change it for future new members.

I'm trying to come up with the perfect automated solution that doesn't require me approving every new member.

I'm thinking if I do that, I can use the "Question and answer CAPTCHAs" to say "What is the password?"

(I'll create a password and include that in the auto-email to them when they buy a membership).
Feels like a lot of work because that one purchase can create multiple accounts (opening up unwanted reselling) or you'd have to constantly add and remove CAPTCHA answers.

The API can do it for sure, but on the sales end, there's no way for them to create their username and password and send it through to xenforo.

(Or maybe there is and I'm too dense to see it).

It's basically using systeme.io as the checkout and trying to get them a new account on xenforo on a private members only community.

Ideally I'd love for them to be able to pick a username and password on the order page but then what happens if the username is taken already?

Just so much to think about.

:)

Feels like a lot of work because that one purchase can create multiple accounts (opening up unwanted reselling) or you'd have to constantly add and remove CAPTCHA answers.
That is true.

I would be monitoring the new accounts though.

I just felt that letting them create it and monitoring it would be easier than me creating it, which would involve me asking them "what username do you want to use?"

Maybe I'll try it this way, see if I run into issues and then get someone to code something later.

I'm of the "get it up and running even it's not perfect, first" crowd.

:)

on the sales end, there's no way for them to create their username and password and send it through to xenforo

Generate a username for them using some kind of algorithm and check for uniqueness. The user can always change their username using the functionality built in to XenForo.

1716073936155.webp

Similarly with a password - just create a random password for them and let them change it.

Top Bottom