• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tapatalk - XenForo support (iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, webOS, Nokia app)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Tapatalk for incorporating the feedback I shared into your site.

A member reported an error today which I am able to duplicate.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_Tapatalk_Model_Tapatalk in /home/terapvpc/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(376) : eval()'d code on line 1

To duplicate the issue, visit my site @ www.TeraPVP.com/forum and select Search Forums from the sub-navigation menu. The error will instantly appear.

1-jpg.1532

2-jpg.1533

Thank you Tapatalk for incorporating the feedback I shared into your site.

A member reported an error today which I am able to duplicate.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_Tapatalk_Model_Tapatalk in /home/terapvpc/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(376) : eval()'d code on line 1

To duplicate the issue, visit my site @ www.TeraPVP.com/forum and select Search Forums from the sub-navigation menu. The error will instantly appear.

1-jpg.1532

2-jpg.1533

I posted this on their support forums yesterday and it has been fixed in a re-release of the plugin. Upgraded to the new version and works without a prob, so would suggest doing that m8.

I am very pleased with the add-on. Our mobile members are very pleased. A few comments:

- We have a couple active RSS feeds on our site. Our Tapatalk users complained they were getting constant alerts from the RSS feeds. I created a DENY permission group for the RSS feed forum sections and added the Tapatalk users to that group after explaining the option. They were happy with the trade-off.

- I am quite pleased with how quickly Tapatalk resolved the latest issue. Great service.

- @Tapatalk, as long as you continue to offer the add-on in the first post of this thread I highly recommend you keep it updated. I know this will be extra work on your part but it's important for new forum sites to start off without the challenges a few of us faced. Please keep it updated or remove it so new users would go straight to your site.

- I noticed Tapatalk users show online 24/7. I assume their phones send a signal to the site which appears as activity. Can that be adjusted? Whenever Tapatalk users are actively reading the forums, it should show them as online, but not simply because their phones are turned on.

Thanks Oracle,

We do intend to keep updating it, it is just the release is too fast and you guys are also very swift in identifing issues and being vocal. I have just updated the package here just short of 24 hours after it is released at our website. :D

For the 24/7 online issue. The Android notification service will keep the users online - we do intend to make change to the service so notification are login anonymously to avoid confusion in future.

I am having issues with Tapatalk v1.1.1 with 2 of my sites after my website server crashed.

Updated from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1, no go.
Uninstalled 1.1.1 and reinstalled 1.1.1, no go.

This is the error i get:
Installed but not up-to-date, please install the latest update before publishing your network to Tapatalk

Mobique folder is fully 0755.
Website url http://huoltovalikko.keskustelupalstat.com

Look at the config.txt file in both the download (in the first post) here and on your site, it still has 1.1.0 there even though the xml file is 1.1.1

I stand correct - Thanks for pointing this out and we have just fixed this issue. We also added back the older version compatibility check at our site so at least Raitsa can get the forum verified without reinstalling.

Thanks!

Is there any way of styling the "sent from whatever device" signature? At the moment it's the same font and sits in the post like the user typed it themselves, I've have way too many members tell me it looks stupid/spammish so I disabled it.

Perhaps a option/method of inserting it into the signature area under the ------ lines is a better method for text about your phone and service used.

I am using tapatalk 1.1.1 and the latest software on the android OS(sold my iphone got a Desire HD)

Uploads sometimes work and sometimes dont.

Most of the time they dont work. The tapatalk program just sits there with 'Processing' no crashes or anything just sits there, I waited for over 30 mins with no luck. Other times its uploaded very fast and does post the file successfully. File sizes are generally 500kb to 1mb. My upload limit on my server was set to 10MB by me so thats its not a size limit issue.

http://mmazone.com.au/community/threads/android-test-upload.1974/

Above is a link to some of the successful uploads. I disabled 'allow tapatalk to host images' in the settings on the tapatalk site. Yet it is still an option in the tapatalk program, when testing upload to tapatalk site, it appears to process and work yet an image doesnt show in the test post.

Is there any issues with android or is it just my site?

I am more then willing to help with testing for android, PM me for any accounts/info required, cheers.

For the Tapatalk Hosted Image support, once it disabled, the app should pick up the new settings with 24 hours and to disable the upload button. If you still see the button enabled, try click the "Refresh my favorites" link in the Favorites view - if it works it probably mean the app didn't pick up the new settings properly.

For image upload, I wonder if it works better if file size is smaller such as 100kb? Maybe the full size is too big?

For the Tapatalk Hosted Image support, once it disabled, the app should pick up the new settings with 24 hours and to disable the upload button. If you still see the button enabled, try click the "Refresh my favorites" link in the Favorites view - if it works it probably mean the app didn't pick up the new settings properly.

For image upload, I wonder if it works better if file size is smaller such as 100kb? Maybe the full size is too big?

I just attached 2 small shots around 30kb each and they worked flawlessly.

I tried another one, full sized, it was only 312kb big but now its stuck on 'processing'

I dont mind using only smaller file sizes, but is there a way to make the program ONLY allow smaller file sizes? Like one option(the compressed image) ?

Still need to find the root cause of the issue, although I agree that it probably make sense to limit the file size to say 100kb or so. Best yet to have a upload progress bar to indicate what's going wrong.

We will get back to you on this.

Still need to find the root cause of the issue, although I agree that it probably make sense to limit the file size to say 100kb or so. Best yet to have a upload progress bar to indicate what's going wrong.

Thank you! Any help required just let me know, cheers

We are releasing another Android update in next 24 hours with improved image upload support - I hope it resolve some of your issues with upload.

We are releasing another Android update in next 24 hours with improved image upload support - I hope it resolve some of your issues with upload.
Very cool! Thanks. Ill do some testing after the release and tell you how it all goes, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom