• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Contact Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great addon but completely useless without the ability to respond, guests who can use contact-us in the footer can't expect a response since their email is missing? Unless I am missing something?

Yea, that's really handy.

I use this in all my boards, because i'm admin in over 20 boards, my mail is set as the contact mail, but why should i get all this messages, when i have other admins/mods which could answer/help the user^^
So i have a "secret board" where the crew have access to it, and they can decide what to do, discuss there, etc...

This add-on is not for the user<->team communication.
It's trackes the contact messages and allowes the team to discuss them "intern".
You still have to write a mail /conversation if you want to response

Ok, then this is not what I am looking for.

We just want those who use contact us to not get mailed, but instead show up as a thread in a private forum. Where it lists their name, email, ip, and their question. This way we can discuss it internally and respond with a PC/email to the member, or email to the guest.

I'll continue to use Google Apps API as third party addon instead.

Thanks for the quick follow up.

We just want those who use contact us to not get mailed, but instead show up as a thread in a private forum. Where it lists their name, email, ip, and their question. This way we can discuss it internally and respond with a PC/email to the member, or email to the guest.

Floris,how do you use Google Apps on your site? I'm interested,as that Idea is what I ideally would like.

That's exactly what this addon is doing.:D

Somebody (User / guest) sends a "contact us".
This add-on creates a thread (you can set in the acp in what forum, (private,public,... ). IMHO it should be in a private forum, nobody should see who contacted the boardteam...
There the team can discuss it internally.. If you wish to contact the sender, you have to start a Convertsation / Send a email.

So

How do you send the email, if it doesn't include the email in the msg?
I don't want my mods to get admin access just to find the email address.

And how do guests who can use contact-us who obviously dont' have an account get emailed if it doesn't store it.

Code:
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in LatestThread/Model/TLatestThread.php at line 32
LatestThread_Model_TLatestThread::LatestThreadArray() in LatestThread/Controller/Public.php at line 10
LatestThread_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenTrCom/TopPoster/Controller/Public.php at line 6
XenTrCom_TopPoster_Controller_Public->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home4/hkmyhome/public_html/exchristian/community/index.php at line 15
Notthing lucky for this mod with me.

Reinstall this morning, it works.
Test with maxthon3: OK
With Chrome: OK
With Opear: 1st attempt not thing happen. 2nd attempt my forum down.

One more problem: Even it work, the email in the contact form not show up in the thread. How to contact the guest?

Even unstalled, the forum not still down. The error message is same. The uninstall is not clean.

Sorry for so many annoying post. Finally confirmed this mod not work with opera. Test with chrom it work again.
But the email still not show in the thread.

Read the error you're getting please;

LatestThread/Model/TLatestThread.php at line 32

Aftrer installed this contactthread mod, the latest thread go into trouble. I misunderstand the problem appears in contact thread. Finally unstall latest thread then the board run again.

If use this mod , tenshi latest thread must to be uninstalled. Latest thread doesn't check permission. Jaxel's portal also not check the permission. Guests' contacts appears in portal.

This add-on is not for the user<->team communication.
It's trackes the contact messages and allowes the team to discuss them "intern".
You still have to write a mail /conversation if you want to response
If the user is registered, he can post in support forum.
If a guest get trouble when registration, this contact is useless.

Ragtek seems have lots of innovative and useful ideas. If pay more attention to implementation you must become a great innovator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom