Your favorite Linux / BSD desktop distro?

ShikiSuen

I feel like Elementary OS runs faster than both Deepin and Ubuntu 20 DDE (both are using Deepin Desktop Environment).
Feel free to share your thoughts.

P.S.: XenForo 2 forums till now fail their default English font fallback on Elementary OS. I saw all fonts are rendered into Source Sans Pro.
Using customized CSS can route fonts to what you want (i.e. "Inter" as what I previously suggested), but I am afraid that XF 2.2 or later can officially ship "Inter" font.

I am currently using ubuntu 18.04 on my laptop and desktop. The upgrade to 20.04 is still on the to do list. in the past I have had redhat, fedora, gentoo and backtrack linux, and also tried slackware and mandrake.

Now I found one more adorable choice: CloudReady.
This is a ChromiumOS distro for non-ChromeBook-Branded PCs.
As long as the CPU virtualization is enabled, one can run a debian linux submode in it.
A wonderful choice for XenForo addon development, utilizing your old laptops pretty well.

Arch Linux 🌚
1591083599441.webp

Old thread, but I recently installed Zorin OS on my laptop and I'm loving it so far. It's a great looking OS and it's got an amazing level of spit and polish for a Linus distro. I settled on it after installing and testing Ubuntu, Mint, Elementary OS, Pop! OS and Deepin.

I've toyed around with dual boots and the like for years, but I never found a distro that stuck. I think this one actually will.

I use the last KDE Mint, and have for maybe 4 years; but I very much prefer OPENsuse, my old love [ just won't install on this aged computer, plus they went ugly Flat Style and depressing dark tones ]. Next computer I'll have OPENsuse KDE and try and make it look old-fashionedly decent.

I hate Flat/Swiss/Metro/Apple/Unity crap.

( Apparently on Apple they don't encourage other theming, knowing theirs is the only true way. Thank God for Linux.

Top Bottom