[XFA] Embedded PDF II (BBCode)

[XFA] Embedded PDF II (BBCode) 2.0.1

No permission to download
Yes but many people use CF, so will be good to fix the problem inside the addon, instead that open some security door on CF to make works this function. Mian do you think is it possible to fix it? Because in this way is furthermore not usable.

Yes but many people use CF, so will be good to fix the problem inside the addon, instead that open some security door on CF to make works this function. Mian do you think is it possible to fix it? Because in this way is furthermore not usable.
I am not sure, but i wil inspect the coding indetail once, then will say something . . . :unsure:

When @au lait introduced his embedded PF in xF 1.5 it inserted an image of the first page of the PDF and linked that image to the stored file. When he stopped supporting it I was surprised that no one picked it up and I do not know any of the background on that.

That is what I expected this one to do. My users do not have online public file systems that they can reference as this design requires. The previous version copied the PDF files to a directory on the forum server where they could be served as PDF streams.

Is no one interested in doing that?
May 2023- Monthly Newsletter.webp

I now have this installed on my site. It is a little easier to use if we use the link tool in the editor and paste the target URL and then paste it again ITDPDF bbCodes on either end.

Other than not having a button in the editor, the only problem I am having with this addon is the size of the embedded PDF display.
It should be responsive but it is not and it is too large on my iPhone as well as smaller than it should be on my workstation.

I noticed that the PDF file must be executable when stored in a file system on our servers. Since our PDF files are normally downloaded by users that was not the default setting.

Can anyone explain the size issue?

Top Bottom