Add-on XF2 User anonymity option to block posts from non-registered guests

CZ Eddie

Please quote me for a Xenforo 2.x option.

Grant users the individual option to decide whether their posts should be made viewable or hidden from non-registered guests.
And also give them the option to decide whether to make their posts viewable to users who have x amount of posts.
Such as, give me the option to prevent users with less than 1000 posts from being able to read my posts.

My board prides itself on being open to everyone.
But many of our users have been around for 20 years and would prefer anonymity.
They want to be able to share personal details about themselves on the board, but only have those posts view-able by other long-time members.

They want to be able to share personal details about themselves on the board, but only have those posts view-able by other long-time members.
As a tip: You can always create a node named VIP or whatever and create a usergroup called "long-time members" and assign those users to this group. Then they can share freely whatever they want in that node which would be open to only that usergroup (and admins/mods).

Also since @Snog has a similar addon called Private Threads, maybe you can ask him for a quote, if you seek for custom solution.

As a tip: You can always create a node named VIP or whatever and create a usergroup called "long-time members" and assign those users to this group. Then they can share freely whatever they want in that node which would be open to only that usergroup (and admins/mods).
This is exactly what I have done in the past. In fact, on one forum with sensitive information, I created two levels of privacy: one for Members Only which non-logged-in visitors (which includes search engines) could not see and a second MVP Members Only which only logged-in MVP members could see.

I think often members on that forum are more concerned about their posts being indexed by Google but that solves other issues as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbj
Yep, that is exactly the traditional way. Can recommend it.

Also another solution would be to use a "hide" bbcode. I believe there should be bbcodes available which let's you to post stuff which only can be seen by specific usergroups.

I believe that should be possible with the mighty

Alternatively this and this:

With that you can make some threads private

Top Bottom