XF 2.0 XF partly freezes at certain actions (mobile and desktop version)

Xiomera

Hi there, I have the problem that on some actions XF freezes partly and I am restricted or blocked on some actions.

A have a couple forums on different XF versions and plugins:
1) xf2.0.7 25 plugins problems
2) xf2.0.7 no plugins (no changes at all) problems
3) xf2.0.7 5 plugins problems
4) xf2.0.1 1 theme/plugin no problems
(1 and 4 are on the same server ...)

The problem trigger:
If I try to edit my thread on a mobile version the editor is like frozen. I click on the text and nothing happens (so editing on a phone is impossible).
Furthermore sometimes XF get stuck and I have to reload it.
In the admin panel, when I try to quickset permissions on a usergroup for example. On the front end, if I set a prefix when I write a new thread everything get's frozen again (I can't do changes or write something in the title or the message). This two problems occur on the desktop version too.
If the page is reloaded everything is normal, till I try to change something again.

There may be more problems which I haven't encountered yet.

All this problems occur together or not at all.
I guess this problems are created by the same source (cuz they are similar).

This problem occured about 1-2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the time and help in advance!

-Xiomera

I have multiple users reporting freezing of site, most of them on mobile. I does not happen all the time and open site in new tab solves the problem or closing browser and open again.

Some have iPhone some have android. Older and new highspec does not seem to matter.
More seem to have problems the last two weeks, but there have been problems earlier.

The only one not on mobile says he uses a pc and explorer (ie I guess) and the problem happens when clicking on the thread title and then being redirected to the unread post. No problem when choosing a page himself.

People also reporting typing in editor is very slow, but that might be an other problem.

I have not seen any of the problems myself, when I have tested on mobile.

Ok I fixed it for me, as follows:

If you are using Cloudflare, disable Rocket Loader

Cloudflare > Speed > Rocket Loader > OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then the editor works without problems

Reactions: CJ6
Top Bottom