Xenforo Native Mobile App? Crowdfund?

There are too many things to list about tapatalk that are not perfect. @vbresults has a reassurance list of TT issues/features that his app doesn't have. That says it all really.
I'm just referring to the basic idea of Tapatalk. Users love it even if some forum admins don't like it.

Native apps are ALWAYS more efficient than a responsive web design or web based app. This is why Facebook themselves even said that they did away with their web app, because native apps were much better.

It doesn't matter if XenForo has a responsive design. The fact is that the youth of today (and all the new generations) are looking for APPS, not websites. I know this is hard to grasp because even I am wondering why, but this is just the trend.

I'm just referring to the basic idea of Tapatalk. Users love it even if some forum admins don't like it.

This is true. So far the majority of people using my forum are using Tapatalk. I ask why they don't use the mobile website and they simply tell me they like apps better...

This is the point of responsive design. It basically makes this a non-issue as the same page serves both. (Of course I'm over simplifying here, but as a general principle.)

I don't think we've ever even implied it. We've always just pointed to responsive design being the ideal approach.
Problem with responsive design reminds me of car GPS. Sure you can fire up google maps and use that, and it can work. But I recently purchased a dedicated tomtom GPS unit and it works soooooo much better to say the least. Responsive will work sure, but I'll be surprised if it can compete with a dedicated mobile experience. Just my 2c

Top Bottom