Fixed XenForo Importers 1.3.2 Issue

Affected version
XenForo Importers 1.3.2
When it comes to importing vBulletin 5 because of their number ID system, this errors out in very hard manner. Basically, in the import table the old_id and the new_id is not large enough to hold the size of the value. I had to change the number of that variable from 50 to 256 (just to make sure) in order to get the content imported.

What if you preserve ID numbers?
When I did it the first time, I did the preserve ID numbers. The second time, I didn't so it would reset the number order. vBulletin's numbers would be something like 31722291 for example. But either way it would not work because it would not fit in the old_id column until I made the change.

Here is the error that shows exactly where:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1406]: Data too long for column 'old_id' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228

So what I made the change once the import table was in the database, then made the change before I started the import process.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 RC3).

Change log:
Increase the maximum size of values allowed in import log tables
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom