Would you continue setting up when an other forum launched similar to your niche and has a huge budget?

Cannabis Ape

[Venting Mode On]

I am seriously pissed off and demotivated ATM.

Been working on a forum the past couple months, customizing the design, setting it all up etc and really looking forward to make this work.

Now I just see that a guy that already has a successful forum launched a new forum which basically covers most of what I was bringing to the table, not only that they have a huge budget, promotions and already have the people that are registering.

Sure, I know, you can't stop things like that but why of all ****ing times now, exactly around the time I'm finishing up. As you aren't rich enough already you *^&@%^#!!!! I swear life is always throwing me these ****ing obstacles non-stop!

Needless to say I'm very demotivated to continue my project now. :mad:

[Venting Mode Off]

Manage you forum with heart and all will be good. Sometimes a competition can be good. The best forum is a forum with the best content. Remember that. And it's a long run...

Keep up!
Sure, that is fine but I made this all alone with the occasional help from the theme builder and have a 2-3 figure budget, no followers yet, no team yet, no name yet it was literally starting from scratch.

This guy has a 5-6 figure budget, already has the name, the followers and the team, even some of his categories and text are exactly like mine. Ugh, my brain can't think straight ATM.

This thread is charged with such mad emotions, that my curiosity is super-piqued. I wish to visit these two forums you are talking about, if you are willing to post a link. If not, then no worries :)

This thread is charged with such mad emotions, that my curiosity is super-piqued. I wish to visit these two forums you are talking about, if you are willing to post a link. If not, then no worries :)
Ditto this! Links please

[Venting Mode On]

I am seriously pissed off and demotivated ATM.

Been working on a forum the past couple months, customizing the design, setting it all up etc and really looking forward to make this work.

Now I just see that a guy that already has a successful forum launched a new forum which basically covers most of what I was bringing to the table, not only that they have a huge budget, promotions and already have the people that are registering.

Sure, I know, you can't stop things like that but why of all ****ing times now, exactly around the time I'm finishing up. As you aren't rich enough already you *^&@%^#!!!! I swear life is always throwing me these ****ing obstacles non-stop!

Needless to say I'm very demotivated to continue my project now. :mad:

[Venting Mode Off]
well i just say one thing if you have something unique then you no need to see other. you just need to give some time to it and it will a success forum. in past 4 year many of my client are quit to make forum after few weeks, but many of them get huge success upto 8,000 user to 3,00,000 + users . so in short go with it if you have some thing unique
regards
Hemant

Top Bottom