Would you buy a 3-letter .org domain if the 3 letters are your website’s acronym?

Alternadiv

Today I noticed my site’s short name (T3G - short for Tacoma3G) is available as a .org for $10. That would be t3g.org.

I know I have no need to buy it other than the novelty factor, but it does seem neat to have my own 3-letter domain (I know a 3-letter domain is easy with the hundreds of choices there are nowadays, but I’m really only interested in .com and in this case, .org).

If it were you, would you want it?

If you go and buy it out from under me because I made this thread, thank you! I really don’t need to spend money on more unless (but fun) crap.

1680386661017.webp

Nope. Every time i bought a domain name i bought something that i wanted.

Think of the name you want not just something that has a .org at the end of it.

Today I noticed my site’s short name (T3G - short for Tacoma3G) is available as a .org for $10. That would be t3g.org.

I know I have no need to buy it other than the novelty factor, but it does seem neat to have my own 3-letter domain (I know a 3-letter domain is easy with the hundreds of choices there are nowadays, but I’m really only interested in .com and in this case, .org).

If it were you, would you want it?

If you go and buy it out from under me because I made this thread, thank you! I really don’t need to spend money on more unless (but fun) crap.
It’s been registered since 2019.

Though .co.uk is available if you’re interested.

You can always find a "custom" domain, but it will be unlikely to carry as much weight as your .COM/.ORG/.NET domains.
I have dso.photos for my site since it actually is appropriate for what it mainly targets, but the .PHOTOS is not a well known extension.

Top Bottom