XF 2 Will pay to have the email and alert notification system explained. No work required, two emails - payment in Paypal or Crypto

entelechy

Looking for anyone that can explain the system that sends email and alerts to users when a new thread is created in a forum they're watching.

I've build a script that adds new threads, but the notifications aren't being generated. One or two emails, will pay $10 for information about the XF classes used to send emails and alerts - only need to know which code controls this, I'll figure out the rest. Required today.

How are you creating these threads? If you check out the thread creator service (XF\Service\Thread\Creator.php), at the very bottom of this file is a "sendNotifications()" function that calls a post notifer service (XF\Service\Post\Notifer.php). Does your script call the Notifer at some point?

A python script that connects to the database and bypasses the XF system to directly add new threads/posts. The problem is that there's functionality like this which still needs to be accessed, which isn't triggered when I'm just adding db entries.

I'll check out Creator.php and Notifier.php. Thanks

I'd recommend you to simply use the XenForo API instead of writing directly to the database. There's a lot going on behind the scenes and you will probably end up with a inconsistent database.

Yeah I was thinking this as well tbh, but the thing is that the posts I'm creating are being gathered using a pythons script, so extending that to then post in the forums is relatively straight forward. The alternative would be if I can access the XF system from a python script and send the data directly to a XF class to post it, but afaik that's not possible.

To post directly into the sql db I can use a module, but there's no python module to interact with XF. Do you know of another way to directly interact with XF from a script in the server?

Yeah I was thinking this as well tbh, but the thing is that the posts I'm creating are being gathered using a pythons script, so extending that to then post in the forums is relatively straight forward. The alternative would be if I can access the XF system from a python script and send the data directly to a XF class to post it, but afaik that's not possible.

To post directly into the sql db I can use a module, but there's no python module to interact with XF. Do you know of another way to directly interact with XF from a script in the server?

The only way would be if your create a PHP script to load the XF environment and do the task you need and then you would call it from your Phyton script.

Top Bottom