XF 2.0 Where exactly in XenForo admin, can one insert license code?

mplusplus

Hi there

Where exactly in XenForo admin, can one insert license code?
I justalready bought a license and already have an existing XenForo forum.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
No upgrade. I just want to ensure my forum uses the license I just bought and stops showing that warning saying that the license is expired.

Thanks
You purchased a license today.

Your forum has 8,000 threads.

Clearly it's not an upgrade.

If you explain the background then perhaps we can help.

When I login to my admin area, I see this message that license is not valid (See attached screenshot).
(I purchased a license a few days ago, already).

What exactly should I do to update, so the forum knows that the license is purchased?

Thanks.

Attachments

• xenforo.webp
    xenforo.webp
    16 KB · Views: 58
From your XF customer area, download the version you are currently using and upload/overwrite the files. Save your config settings or re-edit the new config.php file in the src folder. Make sure you add the URL where your forum is installed to the license too.

@mplusplus:

It appears to me that you are using a pirated/unvalidated/unregistered copy of the XenForo software. If your copy was validated and your domain registered with XenForo, you would not be seeing that message.

The process is pretty seamless.

Once you purchase a license, you log into the Customer Area. There you can edit your license details, obtain or regenerate a validation token, and download whatever copies of the software you purchased the license for, to your heart's content. Including past/old software versions, if needed.

The License Validation page is located here: https://xenforo.com/api/

I recommend you open a support ticket with XenForo, and come clean in your ticket with what your situation is, and see how you can work with them to remedy it.

Cheers,
Gerry

I purchased this forum from someone just days ago. I think issue happens as I have purchased license from my own new XF account (and their license was valid from a different XF account). I will contact the XF support. Thanks.

Top Bottom