[OzzModz] What's New Tweak

[OzzModz] What's New Tweak 2.2.1

No permission to download
Initial localhost testing on 2.1 Beta 5 looks good - The only issues I've found are FA update compatibility issues.
fa-refresh appears to now be fas fa-sync

Mr. Jinx updated What's New Tweak with a new update entry:

[2.0.3] New features

• Replace visible URL to an URL without 'static' number (*1)
  • Now compatible with XF 2.1
*1) Explanation:
Normally when a visitor calls the New posts page, the page is presented as a static page with a number in the URL. Refreshing that page won't update the content inside it. This tweak will remove the number in the visible URL. Now if a visitor hits the browser's refresh button, they will actually get a fresh new page.
Example...

Read the rest of this update entry...

What's the default link again if I don't want to use this add-on again? I mean, instead of the edited {{ link('whats-new/posts/') }} ?

Excellent – Just in case I need to switch back and forth I have both options now. Even though I am nothing using it at the moment I believe it is an excellent modification!

Excellent

Can I make one suggestion and that is to add tool tips to the option to turn it on or off :) ?
If you hover over the two icons you only see 'javascript:void(0)' in the browser's status bar which doesn't give the user any clues what the icons do

Can I make one suggestion and that is to add tool tips to the option to turn it on or off
You are right! That would be a good idea for the next update.

How load this plugin put in our servers?
If 100 people would go to the What's New page and leave it open, it would mean about 2 page views per second. I think this should not be noticeable if you are using reasonable hosting.
I haven't noticed any extra load on my site and haven't heard any problems from other site owners, but let me know. In case you get problems, which I doubt, you can easily switch of the auto refresh part for everyone.

Hi - thank you for the update! I noticed one thing after updating to 2.1.

The row height will enlarge when the number of replies have 3 digits. Height of the first row in the screenshots is correct with 54 replies.
But in the second row with 346 replies the row hight will engage because the word "Antworten:" and "346" do not fit side by side.

I did not change anything to the translation, just upgraded to 2.1 and then noticed this issue. Any chance to fix that?

Do you mean the 'Forum Index Tweak' addon, or this one?

Edit: ah, I think I know what you mean. You are talking about the What's New index?
Can you try to find the template 'extra.less' and just add the following lines:

Code:
.structItem-cell.structItem-cell--meta {
    width: 150px;
}

Default width = 120px.

If it doesn't do the trick you can PM me the URL.

Last edited:
I've already paid for the 'paid' version previously (2.0.4) yet there is only a Free version available in the latest download.
Is there a way to download 2.0.5 Paid ?

Edit: Just found it by following the order confirmation link :)

Upgrade from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 has been tested and should work fine.
The error you get looks like template_modifications.xml is not the one from the archive. Maybe something went wrong while transfering the files and it didn't overwrite the original or got corrupted?

Top Bottom