What do Google means by the "mobile version" of xenforo?

Mr Lucky

I got a message from Google saying they would now be indexing the mobile version of my site.

AFAIK, it is just standard xenforo that is responsive of course, not a separate mobile versions do why should it be any different whether desktop or mobile?

So does anyone know what this means? good or bad?

Thanks

It's basically a good thing.

Google's Mobile-First Indexing is, first, a recognition that more searches today happen from mobile devices than from desktops or laptops. What Mobile-First does is use a slightly different way of bcrawling websites to make sure they are mobile-friendly (i.e., fully accessible from a mobile device) and, if so, to include them in the Mobile-First index.

If you are NOT in the Mobile-First Index, mobile users will not find you within the first few pages of Google search results, if at all.

If Google tells you your site does meet the criteria for the Mobile-First Index, that means, depending on the rtelevance of yuour content, you will appear in at least some mobile searches.

If Google tells you your site does meet the criteria for the Mobile-First Index, that means, depending on the rtelevance of yuour content, you will appear in at least some mobile searches.
Will this be available in Webmaster Tools?

I think so - renamed to Google Search Console now.
The email I got was from Google Search Console Team
Thanks, I just noticed the rebranding (even though using it many times since then). I just have google.com/webmasters memorized for quick access so it will almost certainly be remembered as "Webmaster Tools" for me until it clicks that it's now "Search Console". I know that the old version (Webmaster Tools) can still be accessed, but there are many lacking features that redirect you to the Search Console instead, which is technically still, kind of, maybe, Webmaster Tools (ok, I'll try to remember the proper name to reference it correctly moving forward but it'll be hard after years of use). :sneaky:

Top Bottom