What are the best free non-copyrighted RSS feeds for your site?

Brad Padgett

I have a couple questions. I recently bought Xenporta 2 and I wanted to setup an RSS feed to post news.

Anyways I found that Yahoo news is one free one I could use but I have a bit of an issue because it doesn't post enough excerpt text.

What are the best free RSS feeds you know of for your site and also how could I get more excerpt text out of an RSS feed thread?

If you know any paid ones please share those too as I wouldn't mind paying a small amount a year for one.

Also are there any methods to getting more excerpt text out of an RSS feed thread? I don't think Xenforo 2 can decide how much excerpt text to show right out of the box. I'm searching for a solution.

Thanks if you can help and I wanted to tag @Sim because I saw he had RSS feeds on his Zoo Chat site.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10628494

Using BBC News feeds on your site

If you run your own website, you can display the latest headlines from other websites on your own site using RSS.

We encourage the use of BBC News feeds as part of a website, however, we do require that the proper format and attribution is used when BBC News content appears. The attribution text should read "BBC News" or "bbc.co.uk/news" as appropriate. You may not use any BBC logo or other BBC trademark.

We reserve the right to prevent the distribution of BBC News content and the BBC does not accept any liability for its feeds. Please see our Terms of Use for full details.

Last edited:
Does anyone know any paid ones I could pay yearly for? Where I could pay a certain amount and it would provide more excerpt text or the whole article? Preferably with a starter image?

I'm willing to pay but I can't find any good ones. BBC provides only one sentence in their articles. Yahoo provides more but I'd like to possibly have the whole article, even if it requires linking back. Which I don't mind doing.

Top Bottom