Add-on What’s New with excluded forums

I’m starting to see where things differ with Xenforo now. If ‘Forums’ were a filter then it would indeed be a solution. Then they could simply save it as default for next time.

Could this be an add on?

Like here would be the Forum -> New posts under "Filters"

Then they could "Save as default" for future use.

Then the only options would be the forum_ids of the forums saved by the administrator.

Anyone?

No... I sort of got it working using the standard 'Watched content' but it means they have to 'Watch' every forum they want to see.

What I’m trying to do is a What’s New that excludes Classifieds forums... except I wish to keep the existing link that has Classifieds and have a second link that has Classifieds excluded.

What you can do is create two widgets. Call one Latest Discussions and only select discussion forums. Show 10 results. Then create another posts widget and call it Latest Classifieds. Select only your classifieds forums and show 3 results.

Then when users click What's New they see discussions first, then a few new ads. And they can click to View More on each.

That's what we've been doing, but it's really an inferior setup due to the read/unread filters. It'd be nice if we could easily add filters to the What's New page to select the content you want in a more user friendly way than through the watched forum system.

Ah I got excited. I thought you meant widgets had the actual filters like on the New Posts page if I set them to display in full page mode.

What's New to the Latest Posts widget. Unread is a click away. Filters really make no sense because there are multiple widgets per page.

xenforo_whatsnew_newposts.webp

Top Bottom