Way to upgrade to 2.0

AndreaMarucci

Hello, just some thought about upgrading to 2.0

I imagine that the big problems will be the addon where I must to be sure that they're compatible with 2.0 so I'll have to ask to the developer, and that's not a problem if there's a developer and it's not vanished.

If I can't ask to the devloper and I'm not sure if one addon is compatible and I'll upgrade, what will happen? The whole installation will crash or XF2 simply can tell me that the addon xyz is not compatible so it'll be disabled? Or there's any other way to make everything work but that addon?

Thank you!

I know I'm OT but I loved this exchange

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it? :)
Foresight is even better :)

but since english is not my mother language I've not fully understood, just trying to guess, the meaning of these. Can someone explain me better? I'm just curious and I'm working to improve my english :)

Hindsight is looking back on a situation after it has happened.

Foresight is predicting how a situation will play out before it happens.

just trying to guess, the meaning of these. Can someone explain me better?

http://wikidiff.com/foresight/hindsight
Hindsight is an antonym of foresight. Foresight is an antonym of hindsight.
As nouns the difference between foresight and hindsight is that foresight is the ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the
future while hindsight is realisation or understanding of the significance and nature of events after they have occurred.

Hindsight means that if only you could see into the past, you would have done things differently. Or knowing what you know now you would have done things differently. So saying hindsight is wonderful is kind of ironic because it implies you made a decision that is regretted.

It's easy to know, as you fit the lock to the stable door, that it would have been best to do it before the horse decided to run off.

Foresight is obviously a good thing (provided you predict correctly)

Can someone explain me better?
Martok is politely saying that prior experience or deeper thought about consequences means he is very careful and has a backup plan. Mr Lucky is saying thanks for Martok's sharing of insight/experience and he wishes he had learnt/considered that himself some time ago so he could have acted in a similiar way to Martok.

Top Bottom