XF 2.2 Walmart Unfurl - Verify your identity

Walmart (at least walmart.ca) has gotten absolutely anal about verification. I can be fully signed in and still get repeated CAPTCHA requests when doing a search or accessing my cart. And it seems to be random or at least not following any algorithm that I can figure out. Wonder if you're just running afoul of that.

this is similar to bloomberg and some amazon urls. first few links would process fine. but after a while your ip would probably get on their moderation list and urls would show the message you are getting. the link unfurled here fine because this ip is different than your board's. just to test it out, open a thread in the test forum. paste a bunch of urls from the same domain and see if they keep on unfurling.

this is similar to bloomberg and some amazon urls. first few links would process fine. but after a while your ip would probably get on their moderation list and urls would show the message you are getting. the link unfurled here fine because this ip is different than your board's. just to test it out, open a thread in the test forum. paste a bunch of urls from the same domain and see if they keep on unfurling.
Thanks for the idea, I just tested this here and I can confirm that after about 20 unfurling links to Walmart, the next link unfurl says "Verify your identity"

Here's my test thread:

Is there any way to make Xenforo fail at unfurling if we get "Verify your identity" so that a normal link appears instead?

Is there any way to make Xenforo fail at unfurling if we get "Verify your identity" so that a normal link appears instead?

How would that help?

Also, that's the phrase for Walmart I guess (I've never seen it personally) but you get different phrases for other sites — one says something like "DEFINE ME" in all caps.

Top Bottom