XF 1.5 vB 2.8.11 to Xenforo 1.5.22: Avatars and album images fail to import

Urfe

Hello! I'm importing from vB 2.8.11 to Xenforo 1.5.22 and having a couple minor issues.

Originally I imported directly into Xenforo 2 (and everything worked) but soon discovered there was no album importer. When I use the Xenforo 1.5.22 importer, both avatars and album images fail to import. No errors appear in the import process and no amount of cache rebuilding seems to fix the issue. For albums, they import empty with no images inside. Weirdly they show the correct counts but clicking into them shows "No media has been added yet.".

When I add a new album image or avatar, not via the import, everything works perfectly.

I'm certain I provided correct paths to files during the import process and don't see anything in the PHP error logs. Help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 9.30.35 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 9.30.35 AM.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hey all, a little bit of an update.

I nuked the database, removed the install lock, and re-installed/imported. So far it looks like things are now working despite no other changes. Super weird because nothing else changed. Will confirm after it completes.

One thing I noticed when cleaning up to try again is that the data directory only contained attachments (which were stored in the database in the vB install). Maybe a red-herring but also could be that something in the import process did something with permissions that set it up to pass the second time.

It sounds like you are well on your way. Moving from vB 2 to XF2 is a pretty big jump. Congratulations on the move. Curious what is the oldest VB install to job to XF.

Top Bottom