Lack of interest username chage - bypass for one time the limitatins for specific user

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Hoffi

Hi,

I would love to see a button for teh admins, that I am allow a specific user to bypass the username change limitations for one time.

e.g. if the user did a typo, etc.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I can’t see a need to waste time coding something like that in. It would be quicker for the user to contact a admin and ask for the change.

Rather than contacting a staff member, explaining that they made a typo, the admin then turn on the function for the user, then getting back to the user telling them they can change it again.

This already exists. Just put a really long time between changes.

99999999999999999999 days

They register, make a mistake, and can change it because they have not changed it before. Now they must wait 99999999999999999999 days. ;)

1598880903296.webp

You could use usergroup promotion to allow changes for new registrants, and once they make 2 posts promote them to a group that does not allow changes.

This allows them to discover the mistake while registering or after seeing the first post. Or perhaps, first 10 days, etc.

Top Bottom