Urdu language pack updated one

KhanTastic

hi friends,
I have seen here on,y one urdu Language pack, which is not updated I guess, I wonder if someone has the fully update urdu language pack which works with the latest version of xenforo, I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers

As far as I know, most of the Urdu forums are using our translation used in Urdu Mehfil. So far, we have been providing translation files on demand, but never really released here in resources. Part of the reason of not publishing it is the progressive nature of the translations, we improve it as we move forward in time. We have never done a complete translation, but translated only phrases that would be seen on the public-facing site. Additionally, due to the lack of support for filtering such phrases, we do it as we encounter more and more such untranslated phrases.

As far as XF2 is concerned, we have not started translating it yet.

As far as I know, most of the Urdu forums are using our translation used in Urdu Mehfil. So far, we have been providing translation files on demand, but never really released here in resources. Part of the reason of not publishing it is the progressive nature of the translations, we improve it as we move forward in time. We have never done a complete translation, but translated only phrases that would be seen on the public-facing site. Additionally, due to the lack of support for filtering such phrases, we do it as we encounter more and more such untranslated phrases.

As far as XF2 is concerned, we have not started translating it yet.
How did you install Jameel Noori font?

How did you install Jameel Noori font?
We don't install it or serve it as a web-font, because it would be too heavy. We just update the style properties to use it as preferred font along with other fallback fonts. If the user has Jameel Noori Nastaleeq installed, they would expreience in Nastaleeq, otherwise some Naskh font would be utilized instead.

We don't install it or serve it as a web-font, because it would be too heavy. We just update the style properties to use it as preferred font along with other fallback fonts. If the user has Jameel Noori Nastaleeq installed, they would expreience in Nastaleeq, otherwise some Naskh font would be utilized instead.
ah ok. Yea, I was hoping to have it served as a web-font. Now, I remember what happened when I last tried it :D
Serving 11mb font file to users from Pakistan in 2009 was not very pleasant.

ah ok. Yea, I was hoping to have it served as a web-font. Now, I remember what happened when I last tried it :D
Serving 11mb font file to users from Pakistan in 2009 was not very pleasant.
If you are really keen to serve Nastaleeq typeface as web-font then you have a few options. You can either use Mehr Nastaliq Web or Noto Nastaleeq Urdu. Note that none of these fonts are free from issues, they are still in beta stage. You may want to check for other Urdu font options at UrduWeb Font Server under Nastaleeq category.

We have not started working on XF2 translation yet. We actually have no plans to migrate to XF2 until 2.1 is released. We will let some new features to arrive and the add-ons to flourish before we make any efforts to migrate our forum.

Oh yes but 2.0.1 is also a stable release, 2.1 would take ages to come out I guess.
Did I say 2.0.1 is not stable? Migrating to a new major release is not an easy task. All the customization work needs to be redone, in non-English forums the whole translation needs to be redone, and many add-ons that you were relying on may not be available yet.

That said, we are in no hurry. We can wait until the next feature release (or longer) before we put our efforts in it.

Did I say 2.0.1 is not stable? Migrating to a new major release is not an easy task. All the customization work needs to be redone, in non-English forums the whole translation needs to be redone, and many add-ons that you were relying on may not be available yet.

That said, we are in no hurry. We can wait until the next feature release (or longer) before we put our efforts in it.
That’s fine I got your point, it’s just long waiting for 2.1 . People already updating addon for the current version. I thought if there is someone who can do for Urdu’s language would be great.

Top Bottom