XF 2.1 Updating my Contacts Add-on

Lawrence

I'm updating my contacts add-on to allow admins to set threads with contacts to be only viewable by those in the contact list. I extended this method in the repository: findThreadsForForumView and it works fine. If the forum allows contacts and the thread has a contact list id, it pulls only threads for a member that is part of the threads contact list.

My question is, I need to create class extensions for new posts, find threads, rss feeds, latest activity, search, and what's new, am I missing any other areas? Creating a class extension for each area threads and posts are exposed is no big deal, I just do not want to go that route if there is a better way. I.E.: I looked at extending the thread finder and even though $forum is exposed to the finder, $thread isn't, and it is needed for the contact list id.

Thanks for any feedback/guidance,
Lawrence

Wait a minute. I don't need the $thread in the thread finder, I just need to add the conditions to the finder's (applyVisibilityChecksInForum) so I can remove the repository extension too... this covid thingy is affecting my mind.

Top Bottom