XF 2.1 Uninstall official addons before upgrading to XF2?

Amin Sabet

Should I uninstall Media Gallery and Enhanced Search before upgrading to XF2 and then reinstall them?

Or do I upgrade to XF2 with those addons in place and then upgrade them?

I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I didn't find it in the XF2 manual or on a forum search.

Do not uninstall those Add-ons ou you will loose data!

Simply upgrade XenForo, afterwards you will be able to upgrade the Add-ons to the 2.X-Versions as well.

Do not upgrade a production system to XenForo 2.1 unless you know exactly what you are doing

(which is not the case, otherwise you would not have asked this question)

I have to chime in here, because this seems to be a trending mentality in some threads as of late with this new beta release of XenForo. There is a lot of assumption (as with the above thread containing @Amin Sabet and his question) and a lot of what can really only be called negativity and 'holier than thou' reactions to his question.

Not everyone here is a technical wizard, XenForo savvy, super IT smart, whatever you may want to call it and nor should they need to be. That is part of the beauty of what makes XenForo such an incredible solution for people that want to host an online community portal.

Why it seems that people are so quick to jump and be, quite honestly, rather negative and aggressive versus simply being helpful. Helpful doesn't require questioning someones knowledge, it doesn't require calling them out, or acting as if they broke a cardinal rule by not doing something as you may have or as a best practice dictates.

And thankfully, @Amin Sabet the XenForo community is filled with very helpful, very friendly people who are happy to assist, guide and offer a level of 'here's how to fish' along the way... rather than being so absolutely unhelpful or questionable as the above responses were to your message. So please, do not let those people be your impression of the community.

It really is a shame. Maybe take a moment to take off your cocky hat and just try to be a decent, helpful person to another paid customer. Otherwise, why even bother posting a reply to a thread if it's only going to contain some rhetoric whose only purpose is to toot your own sense of self and purpose? Example given: ZivaAkcija.

Is helpful and friendly REALLY that hard?

Top Bottom