Two suggestions - 1 regarding email, 1 regarding this forum

Sal Collaziano

1. There should be a section specifically for people who run 150,000 or more XenForo installations. Most of the problems I have are of very little interest to the person who runs a single XenForo installation.

2. Please set some type of email check so that the 50,000 people a day who sign up using myemailaddress@gmail.con can't complete their registration.

Use the email verification option.
I do. I just get all the bounced mail from people who typed in an invalid dot whatever at the end of their email address. Being a good forum administrator I go into their account, correct it and resend their verification email. It would be helpful if they could not submit an invalid TLD (top level domain)...

I agree. It is VERY easy to check the existence of the domain of an email address given at registration (e.g. just check it's MX or A record in DNS). This should be done and registration should be denied, if the domain does not exist (is not registered and technically live).

I agree. It is VERY easy to check the existence of the domain of an email address given at registration (e.g. just check it's MX or A record in DNS). This should be done and registration should be denied, if the domain does not exist (is not registered and technically live).
That’s exactly it. Again, not a problem for most people running a single installation. But when you have hundreds of people signing up on a daily basis across multiple communities, it can be time consuming and simply aggravating. Especially when it can be avoided.

That’s exactly it. Again, not a problem for most people running a single installation.
I don't see why this is only a poblem for people running multiple forums. A single forum can also have hundreds of new registrations a day.
Let me write an add-on for this. It will only ask $1 per XF install ;)
But seriously, this is a good idea. Some kind of live check to see if the user didn't make a typo in their e-mail address.

I don't see why this is only a poblem for people running multiple forums. A single forum can also have hundreds of new registrations a day.
Let me write an add-on for this. It will only ask $1 per XF install ;)
But seriously, this is a good idea. Some kind of live check to see if the user didn't make a typo in their e-mail address.
"not a problem for most people running a single installation"

Top Bottom