Top Resources Widget changes

bzcomputers

The current "Top Resources" widget is not a very accurate name. "Highest Rated Resources" would be much more accurate.

That said the current "Top Resources" widget is also not a very accurate representation for the actual top/most popular resources. Currently "Top Resources" are based off user ratings and typically users aren't very quick to rate a resource, certainly not nearly as likely as they are to download and re-download updates to a resource.

I suggest you also add an option for a "Most Downloaded Resources" widget. I believe showing users a list of the most downloaded resources will get more engagement.

Upvote 0
That would not be accurate either. The addon could have a hundred updates and 250 users using the addon. That would equate to 25,000 downloads for the 250 users..

Now an addon could have 1000 users using it and have been updated only 5 times. That would equate to 5000 downloads.I

Separate "Highest Rated Resources" and "Most Downloaded Resources" widgets - would be more accurate displays and descriptions than what is currently the "Top Resources" widget.

It's definitely not a perfect solution but I believe it's a better solution than what currently exists. At least for me and my users the current "Top Resources" widget is not useful at all.

We will see what others think.

Top Bottom