Tomney.co.uk - Chat about anything regarding the popular subject of Entertainment.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

We are a newly founded website dedicated to talking about anything to do with the world of Entertainment, such as Gaming, Movies, Television and any other subject fitting this area.

As an added incentive we have adding a monthly competition, to win prizes such as games (PC) and movies (DVD, Blu-Ray)... All courtesy of my own personal wallet... My accountant won't be very happy that's for sure.

If anyone is interested in joining the website then hit the REGISTER link in the sidebar, or if your already a member then hit the LOG IN link and join the fun.

Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have stopped the monthly competition above and announced a mystery prize and there will be a random amount of prizes every month drawn in the The Chatter Lounge(Members Chatrooms) on any day of each month at 8PM UK time. All that is required to qualify for this great prize is be a member and a staff member will announce a winner.

Best of luck to you all...

Seems like your the only registered user on it and having conversations with yourself? I don't get it.

Trying to get people to join, by giving games away and other stuff but can't seem to get anyone interested.

It's not invite only, i forgot to update my massage above will do it now.

There a few basic things I would recommend:
  • Acquire a .com extension.
  • Use a different style other than the XF default style.
  • Build a few more categories and categorise some of the forums so the forums look less bulky.
  • Give your forum a title more meaning i.e "Tomney - A forum for entertainment"
  • Your meta description is very basic and could use some good keywords.
  • Logo looks good but could have a slogan to best describe your forum.
  • Continue posting useful content and throwing competitions with worth while prizes.
  • Most importantly, I would recommend not only showcasing your forum on here but other forum related websites to help boost visibility. Likely offering a job opportunity etc.

It takes a lot of time and effort to build a forum and a community. At the moment, your forum does not stand out from the crowd for me. It is a shame to let a licence go to waste, just spend some time on it daily and think of what you can do to improve it.

p.s I am your second registered member :).

Good luck

There a few basic things I would recommend:
  • Acquire a .com extension.
  • Use a different style other than the XF default style.
  • Build a few more categories and categorise some of the forums so the forums look less bulky.
  • Give your forum a title more meaning i.e "Tomney - A forum for entertainment"
  • Your meta description is very basic and could use some good keywords.
  • Logo looks good but could have a slogan to best describe your forum.
  • Continue posting useful content and throwing competitions with worth while prizes.
  • Most importantly, I would recommend not only showcasing your forum on here but other forum related websites to help boost visibility. Likely offering a job opportunity etc.

It takes a lot of time and effort to build a forum and a community. At the moment, your forum does not stand out from the crowd for me. It is a shame to let a licence go to waste, just spend some time on it daily and think of what you can do to improve it.

p.s I am your second registered member :).

Good luck

Thanks a lot for the advice and joining my site, i'll join yours as well.

UPDATE - I already joined, your site before you changed domain names. :D

Thanks a lot for the advice and joining my site, i'll join yours as well.

UPDATE - I already joined, your site before you changed domain names. :D

There a lot more things you could do to improve but those are the ones I could think of top of my head. This is what makes forum ownership exciting, having the ability to change anything, however you want, whenever you want and learning new things a long the way :).

Top Bottom