TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

any news about genre
Yes, it's finally done at TMDb.

I'll be updating the TV Thread Starter as soon as possible. But I just released a new add-on so I will probably wait a little while to let that settle in before I update this one.

Hmm.

Lets see.

You have a general discussion area.

TV SHOW FAVORITES
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Walking Dead
  • Family Guy
  • Orange Is The New Black
You can discuss anything in the "main area". The characters, plot, history, etc...

Under each

Game of Thrones
  • Episode Discussion
The Walking Dead
  • Episode Discussion
Something of that nature....

The title I referred to above, would then be able to be used if forums were merged. You don't have the poster, all of that info, simply just the title. You can still have the ratings of each displayed as well.
Something like this will be in the next release...

page1.webp

page2.webp

Is it possible to merge messages from an existing forum thread to a new TV Thread Starter? For example, we have some existing chatter about The Walking Dead. I'd like to create a new TV Starter thread and move the posts under that new thread?

Is it possible to merge messages from an existing forum thread to a new TV Thread Starter? For example, we have some existing chatter about The Walking Dead. I'd like to create a new TV Starter thread and move the posts under that new thread?
Sure!

Just move the posts to the new thread.

it is possible when do edit to merge all thread to new setup??
No, that won't be possible.

Well, it would be possible but it sure would look strange having threads that have all of the movie info and ratings in a forum that's not designed to have those.

The old 'thread' version will still work and be an option to use. The new system is in addition to the current version.

after update all existing threads will be accept new setup that is my question, if not how to do this.

after update all existing threads will be accept new setup that is my question, if not how to do this.
Please keep in mind this is not completed yet and is a work in progress.

There will be no need to change any of your existing threads. You can keep them exactly the way they are and continue to use the system as you are.

The new option gives you the option of dedicating a forum to a specific show. That is all that is being added.

And I would not suggest doing a new forum for every show that you have threads for. That will create a HUGE amount of forums and sub-forums on your site. IE: If you have 100 threads for tv shows, creating a forum for each of them will create 200 forums/subforums.

Top Bottom