XF 2.2 Title Length

DaveM

Is there a way I can restrict the Title Length as I have some member that write a long story in their title :eek:

How long can titles even be out of box? I have never looked into it and even the member on my site who writes long, cryptic posts keeps his thread titles reasonable for length (making sense to ordinary mortals is a separate issue).

The limit is 150 characters.

If it's just one member, perhaps it's worth just contacting them and explaining that titles should be short(er) and a lot of the content they are adding to the title should be in the post body.

The limit is 150 characters.

If it's just one member, perhaps it's worth just contacting them and explaining that titles should be short(er) and a lot of the content they are adding to the title should be in the post body.
No this is happening a lot and this is why I am finally asking about it, normally I would contact them and edit the Title myself but as I say it is ongoing.

Is there something similar for widgets, I'm getting numerous lines and would like to limit the title to one line.

Screenshot (45).png

I like the first on with one line.

Would like to limit the second one to similar.

Just noticed this had some undesired effects like shortening the title in notifications.

Is there any way to just specify character count on widget titles?

You can write the code like this
Less:
[data-widget-key="you_widget_key1"],
[data-widget-key="you_widget_key2"],
[data-widget-key="you_widget_key3"] {
    .contentRow-main.contentRow-main--close {
        overflow: hidden;
        white-space: nowrap;
        word-wrap: normal;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
    }
}