XF 2.2 There is a way to block new user signup using e-mail and ip blacklists?

Yannis-GR

Hello,

As per title i am looking for a solution (an add-on most probably) that wont let a user to signup if his e-mail and/or ip is in the blacklist database.

Is this possible?
Thanks for any answer.

Are you not using any of the built-in spam functions?
I've found them to be fairly decent.
yoursite.com/admin.php?options/groups/spam/
If you need more than that.. there are paid resources available.

Are you not using any of the built-in spam functions?
I've found them to be fairly decent.
yoursite.com/admin.php?options/groups/spam/
If you need more than that.. there are paid resources available.

I think all values are in default values.

1688305588588.webp

I am totally new in this world and i am trying to learn so any advise or any kind of help is more than welcomed!

You don't have a HoneyPot key.. so that's one negative impact in your user sign on checks for spam.
So currently you are not using the built-in abilities to their minimum.

Odds are you aren't using AskiMet either... and it's caught several on my site.

You don't have a HoneyPot key.. so that's one negative impact in your user sign on checks for spam.
So currently you are not using the built-in abilities to their minimum.

Odds are you aren't using AskiMet either... and it's caught several on my site.
You are right!
Both are not used/enabled!!!

So, enabling those two functions spammers will be reduced significantly?

Is a headache last period for us because almost every day we have about 20 to 30 spammer registrations and that's why we change to manual approval!

So, enabling those two functions spammers will be reduced significantly?
It's caught several on my site... of course, I also use ASN blocking and a few other CloudFlare features to stop a lot of them from even reaching my site.

The add-on that I linked to in an earlier post works well.. but yes, it is a paid add-on, but for many well worth it.
Using StopForumSpam is a major help.

It's caught several on my site... of course, I also use ASN blocking and a few other CloudFlare features to stop a lot of them from even reaching my site.

The add-on that I linked to in an earlier post works well.. but yes, it is a paid add-on, but for many well worth it.
Using StopForumSpam is a major help.
I will try for the moment the "stock" features Honeypot and Akismet and then most probably we will move on in an add-on.

Thanks,

If perhaps there is any other add-on to be suggested even from another member please feel free..

Top Bottom