XF 2.1 Theme and child theme upgrade - I am confused

stanleyb23

Hi!

Ok, im a little confused. I ve bought and installed the ui x theme. After i did that i created a childtheme named klusideestijl and made that the default style.
Xenforo came with the announcement that there was a style update for the x ui theme. I started to update that with the idea that it only would change code in the x ui style and not in my childtheme.

After the update my header changed.

I think i miss something here :) Can someone tell me what im missing here.

Attachments

• before-after.webp
    before-after.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 32
  • childstyle.webp
    childstyle.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 31
Xenforo don't have anything to do with the UI.X style, so it wasn't them that announced an update. You'll need to ask for help from the Themehouse folk in their support thread for the style.

Hi Imno007,

Ok I will. I was asking it here because maybe i just dont understand how to work with child styles / or made a mistake with the setup as shown in the attachment.

Hi Imno007,

Ok I will. I was asking it here because maybe i just dont understand how to work with child styles / or made a mistake with the setup as shown in the attachment.
Something is a bit odd with that setup, I think. You have 3 child styles not in use and your current theme is a child of a child? I also have uix and updates don't affect the customizations, usually. See my setup in the pic below. I have two child themes right under the parent framework and one of them is also the default theme:

157246498850535316.webp

Top Bottom