Thanks to all

Mendalla

I have begun winding down my admin role on Wondercafe2.ca. I helped start the place in 2014 and have been the active admin since about, well, when 1.5 came out. However, my interest in both the site and in doing admin stuff has waned. There's a direct correlation there which I won't get into, but suffice it to say that tinkering with software to try to improve a site is no fun when no one shows any interest in what you are creating.

And I don't want to think I am dissing the site. It is what it is and as a religion site, it has become rather like a lot of the fading mainstream churches, simply existing for the people who are coming in the doors. Still, there's some merit and maybe now that I'm not focussed on software and admin stuff, I can pursue of my other efforts to liven up the place. So if you want to check us out, pop by and say hi. Same username and avatar as on here.

This does mean that I likely will be taking my leave of this place, at least as a licensed user, fairly soon. I know it will take some time for the other admins to reorganize around me, so I'm leaving it to them to decide when to take me off the license and turn off my admin rights on the site (I have already transferred those to a different account so that my day-to-day account is now just a regular user). Still, if I ever get another forum going, you may see me become active again. Hard to say. Xenforo would certainly be my first choice if that happens.

This is remarkable community gathered around a terrific piece of software and I hope to be back again someday, perhaps with a site of my own or returning as the admin for a revived WC2. To all who have helped me over the years, both staff and other users, thank you.

I have begun winding down my admin role on Wondercafe2.ca. I helped start the place in 2014 and have been the active admin since about, well, when 1.5 came out. However, my interest in both the site and in doing admin stuff has waned. There's a direct correlation there which I won't get into, but suffice it to say that tinkering with software to try to improve a site is no fun when no one shows any interest in what you are creating.

And I don't want to think I am dissing the site. It is what it is and as a religion site, it has become rather like a lot of the fading mainstream churches, simply existing for the people who are coming in the doors. Still, there's some merit and maybe now that I'm not focussed on software and admin stuff, I can pursue of my other efforts to liven up the place. So if you want to check us out, pop by and say hi. Same username and avatar as on here.

This does mean that I likely will be taking my leave of this place, at least as a licensed user, fairly soon. I know it will take some time for the other admins to reorganize around me, so I'm leaving it to them to decide when to take me off the license and turn off my admin rights on the site (I have already transferred those to a different account so that my day-to-day account is now just a regular user). Still, if I ever get another forum going, you may see me become active again. Hard to say. Xenforo would certainly be my first choice if that happens.

This is remarkable community gathered around a terrific piece of software and I hope to be back again someday, perhaps with a site of my own or returning as the admin for a revived WC2. To all who have helped me over the years, both staff and other users, thank you.
Best wishes in the future.

Top Bottom