[TH] Warnings [Deleted]

Code:
$('input[name=public_warning').val($title);
$('input[name=content_action][value=public_warning').trigger('click');
These malformed selector causes issues in firefox.

Last edited:
Code:
$('input[name=public_warning').val($title);
$('input[name=content_action][value=public_warning').trigger('click');
These malformed selector causes issues in firefox.
Thank you. I've added you to the list of contributors to this add-on.

Reactions: Xon
Jon, does this addon follow user or usergroup permissions? We just discovered that users who have conversations turned off, do not receive a copy of the warning when the conversation box is checked.

Jon, does this addon follow user or usergroup permissions? We just discovered that users who have conversations turned off, do not receive a copy of the warning when the conversation box is checked.
Conversations are part of the core XenForo warnings functionality, so it will follow the same procedure. I suspect it follows user or usergroup permissions, but you may want to post a message in the general support forums to check for sure.

That's what I was afraid of. Something's preventing warnings from going to users who have conversations turned off even though Staff members have been given the permission to over ride privacy settings. Sending directly works. Warnings don't go for some reason. We'll have to do some testing to narrow it down.

Thanks!

Hi Jon, it appears to be a conflict between this addon and Xon's Can Warn Staff. I turned "Warnings" off and turned Can Warn Staff on and the conversation went through.

Conversations are part of the core XenForo warnings functionality, so it will follow the same procedure. I suspect it follows user or usergroup permissions, but you may want to post a message in the general support forums to check for sure.
The warning conversation sending ignores any permissions and just creates the conversation. But it will silently fail to send the conversation if the title or message is empty.

But my addon isn't going anywhere near that aspect (conversation title & message). I haven't managed to reproduce the problem yet.

Adds a new {points} variable to include the number of warning points in the email/conversation text when a member is warned.
@Jon W: Don't forget to add it to: "You may use the following placeholders: {title}, {content} and {url} to dynamically insert the content's information; {name} to insert the name of the user receiving the warning; and {staff} to insert the name of the staff member giving the warning. You may use BB code."

I'm not sure why, but there are around 10/12 errors in my error log with the following:
PHP:
ErrorException: Undefined index: replyMessage - library/Waindigo/Warnings/Extend/XenForo/ViewPublic/Member/WarnFill.php:18
Generated By: Divvens, Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/orojacks/public_html/library/Waindigo/Warnings/Extend/XenForo/ViewPublic/Member/WarnFill.php(18): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/orojacks/...', 18, Array)
#1 /home/orojacks/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Waindigo_Warnings_Extend_XenForo_ViewPublic_Member_WarnFill->renderJson()
#2 /home/orojacks/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(88): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Json', Array, '')
#3 /home/orojacks/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#4 /home/orojacks/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#5 /home/orojacks/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(89) "http://orojackson.com/members/jewdoo.3574/warn?fill=1&content_type=post&content_id=687008"
  ["_GET"] => array(3) {
    ["fill"] => string(1) "1"
    ["content_type"] => string(4) "post"
    ["content_id"] => string(6) "687008"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["choice"] => string(2) "16"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(61) "/members/jewdoo.3574/warn?content_type=post&content_id=687008"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Using X.F 1.4.8

"reply to content" option has been disabled since I installed this add-on (Yesterday). I think this error has got something to do with that feature?

Can anyone else disable the reply to content add-on option and try to warn a member to see if they also get such an error?

Edit: I can reproduce this error:
  1. Home > Options > Warnings by Waindigo
  2. 01.webp
  3. Go to any post (forum post) and 'warn' a user
  4. There is a error in the error log after warning a user via post (content)

Last edited:
Does this add-on allow you to restrict certain warnings to certain forums? For example, we have a politics forum that requires more moderation than the rest of the site and it would be useful to be able to temporarily exclude individuals based on warnings given within that forum - as opposed to earned, overall, across the entire site.

Could I create warnings such as "Politics forum: Ad hominem", "Politics forum: Abuse", etc. and then actions that are specifically associated with the politics warnings so that if you earn 3 x "Politics forum" warning points you can be temporarily excluded by the application of a secondary usergroup that excludes you from the politics forum?

Last edited:
Does this add-on allow you to restrict certain warnings to certain forums? For example, we have a politics forum that requires more moderation than the rest of the site and it would be useful to be able to temporarily exclude individuals based on warnings given within that forum - as opposed to earned, overall, across the entire site.

Could I create warnings such as "Politics forum: Ad hominem", "Politics forum: Abuse", etc. and then actions that are specifically associated with the politics warnings so that if you earn 3 x "Politics forum" warning points you can be temporarily excluded by the application of a secondary usergroup that excludes you from the politics forum?

Yes, you can do this. We do something similar that adds the individual to a secondary usergroup that restricts posting across the entire site, but they can still read.

Also, does this add-on sent an XF Alert to the user to advise of the warning?

Yep, although you have to specify that the conversation is sent. In addition, it can also be sent via email.

Top Bottom