[TH] User Criteria Extended

[TH] User Criteria Extended 1.0.6

No permission to download
ThemeHouse updated [TH] User Criteria Extended with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.4 released!

Changes:
  • Added a new criteria section "Advanced Criteria" that features criteria that expose performance penalties (additional database queries).
  • Fixed an issue that caused max follower criteria to be off by one.
  • Moved the following criteria:
    • Number of poll votes
    • Push notifications enabled
    • Active user upgrades
    • Number of threads created
    • Number of tags added
    • Number of followers
    • Number of active warnings
    • Number of total warnings
    • Number of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed.

Unfortunately this function (X posts in Thread ID) doesn't work.

I entered the thread-ID, saved, then ran the promotions cron.

The given users in that Thread_ID are not promoted.

I tried multiple times and varying IDs. Am I missing something else? We had the same config under Xen 1.5 and it worked without a hitch, the config was the same.

Had to UNINSTALL immediately, caused HUNDREDS of server errors.

No need to uninstall. It's the X posts in thread Y criterion that you already reported as being broken. Remove it from wherever you use it for now, and the errors will stop popping up.

To add here: The issue only appears when you use an invalid thread id. As long as all defined thread ids point to existing threads, the criterion is working as intended.

: The issue only appears when you use an invalid thread id.

Sorry to report that I am using a valid thread ID. It made no difference.

I would have checked that before posting it here.

myforum.com/community/threads/how-to-cook-cajun-style.74216

I uploaded the new version and it still doesn't work.

The messed up styling from your screenshot indicates that you're not using the latest version.

My bad, the new version fixed the server errors (upon running the "run promotions" Cron) however it still isn't promoting the users who have posted in the thread. The only "filter" I'm using is if they post in the thread. Post in thread 74216, promote.

Are there some other hidden conditions going on in the backend? I thought it might be time based, but even the users who posted in the thread mere hours ago aren't promoted.

Nope. You can verify the criteria works as expected by using the notice system for a test notice.

OK, it works for that function. But it doesn't for the promotion. It's the only setting I have. When examining the promotions tool, I see it promoting a few users, but 90% of them aren't. (50 users should be promoted, but only 3 are.)

This seems to indicate there's some other filter going on, but again, my promotion only has 1 filter: If user posts in thread id 74216. I tried adding a filter (user is valid) but that had no impact as well.

User promotions are generally only applied to users who have been online in the last X hours. I don't recall the exact amount from memory. Unless all 50 users have been online in that time frame, that result is as expected.

User promotions are generally only applied to users who have been online in the last X hours. I don't recall the exact amount from memory. Unless all 50 users have been online in that time frame, that result is as expected.

That makes sense however people who are actually active (logged on) aren't getting promoted. Folks who logged on days ago, even hours ago aren't promoted. And since install, it now looks like users who were promoted under this criteria (months ago under X1.5) lost their promotion.

Have you verified that the criterion is working using the notice system?

It worked, but only under 2 accounts (one admin acct / one regular) which I could effectively test without logging into other folk's accounts. So it's not very definitive.

We were using User Criteria for this same purpose under Xen 1.5 and it worked like a charm. Now I have users complaining that they've lost their promotion and putting it back (based on the this "post in X thread, receive Y promotion") via this function hasn't worked. We're talking hundreds, perhaps thousands of users so I cant do this manually myself.

If it only promoted users who were logged on within the last X hours or X days, I'd throw up my hands and let it be. But it's not even doing that.

So the net result is not only has it not promoted based on the filter, but it seems to have done a good job of removing most of them. I'm miffed, especially since we changed nothing in the promotion criteria initially.

Whenever I run this plug-in I get the following error!

"The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later."

@Lukas W.

Whenever I use the advanced criteria for received at least X replies I can save the Trophy.

However it seems to be awarding it to too many people and when I return to the trophy it is always set to 0:

THUC.webp

Top Bottom