• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[TH] Threads in Overlays

[TH] Threads in Overlays 1.0.0

No permission to download

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Threads in Overlays by Waindigo - Open specified threads in an overlay.

Description:

This add-on adds an option to the Admin Control Panel allowing you to choose a select number of threads to open up in an overlay.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_ThreadInOverlay.xml file.
Licence and support:

Distributed free for non-commercial use only. Please contact Waindigo to licence for commercial use. All copyright...
Read more about this resource...

dvsDave

Just for clarification, does it open up a thread in an overlay when you click the normally formatted link to the thread? Or is there a way to specify the overlay only in certain use cases?

@Waindigo

Would it be possible to remove everything but the post content (user info, post date, "edit", "delete", "report", post number and "reply"; likes would probably be best left in) in an overlay with editing, or would it require an enhancement to this add-on itself?

Jon W

@Waindigo

Would it be possible to remove everything but the post content (user info, post date, "edit", "delete", "report", post number and "reply"; likes would probably be best left in) in an overlay with editing, or would it require an enhancement to this add-on itself?
Add the following to your EXTRA.CSS file:
Code:
.xenOverlay .messageMeta, .xenOverlay .messageUserInfo {
    display: none;
}

.xenOverlay .message .messageInfo {
    margin-left: 0;
}

DRE

Doesn't work on my site. I bet it has something to do with javascript or jquery used in this being out of date. It probably doesn't even work on fresh installations of Xenforo. *checks* Yep. Doesn't work on fresh installations of Xenforo.

Jon W

Doesn't work on my site. I bet it has something to do with javascript or jquery used in this being out of date. It probably doesn't even work on fresh installations of Xenforo. *checks* Yep. Doesn't work on fresh installations of Xenforo.
Works fine for me on a fresh installation. Have you set the options in the Admin Control Panel?

DRE

Doesn't work on my site though. Must be interfering with another addon. Uninstalling for now. Don't need it.

DRE

I'm using it now. This looks retarded due to me using Jake Bunce Big and Tall Avatars addon. Hmm. I will have to resize the avatars in this addon some how.

Degrinch

He mentioned that there was no change after installation, and then said that there was, I was implying that perhaps there was some issue with his browser cache.