[TH] Sub-Accounts [Deleted]

Getting an issue where members get logged back into their parent account mid post. Can't find a setting in the ACP to help with this, anyone got any ideas? (I assume it's an overall setting, not related to the add-on)
I believe the "Log out before switching user" setting under the Login As User add-on fixes this.

@ThemeHouse
I've come across a small bug with this mod. If a subaccount gets deleted and it has unread alerts, those alerts remain counted in the total alert counter visible on the account switcher. It doesn't look like there's a way to clear this phantom alert manually.

@ThemeHouse
I've come across a small bug with this mod. If a subaccount gets deleted and it has unread alerts, those alerts remain counted in the total alert counter visible on the account switcher. It doesn't look like there's a way to clear this phantom alert manually.
I'll go ahead and report this so that we can fix it in the next update. Thank you for the report! :)

@Dalton Prock I was playing around with the old waindigo version and have a question regarding adding existing accounts. int he waindigo version you can add anyone and they get send a confirmation email to the user you want to link with. wouldn't it be better if you add an existing account by entering their password? don't know if it has been updated like this though. would buy if this was the case.

as in this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/quick-account-switch.843/

Last edited:
@Dalton Prock I was playing around with the old waindigo version and have a question regarding adding existing accounts. int he waindigo version you can add anyone and they get send a confirmation email to the user you want to link with. wouldn't it be better if you add an existing account by entering their password? don't know if it has been updated like this though. would buy if this was the case.

as in this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/quick-account-switch.843/
I've received your ticket, talk to you there! :)

At this time we have no plans in porting this over to XenForo 2 but if something changes we'll post something here.

That is very disappointing. Perhaps someone else could take up the idea and develop the mod, then - I would happily pay for this mod if it were developed and I am sure many other members running RPG forums would, also.

Reactions: frm
That is very disappointing. Perhaps someone else could take up the idea and develop the mod, then - I would happily pay for this mod if it were developed and I am sure many other members running RPG forums would, also.

I would too. I'm looking around and it surprises me that there are no add-ons for XF2 that supply this functionality.

I'll happily pitch in as well. This addon is a must for my forum.
Needed as well to switch from a business account(s) to personal accounts easier than logging in/out.

I mean, this functionality is essential with even GMail. You can log in/out of various saved boxes by just clicking your avatar in the top right of the inbox to do the same.

It looks like there are many communities that use this for other purposes (role-playing) but many others (forums with businesses/personal accounts that can be kept separate) can benefit as well.

Anything from TH on this @Dalton Prock before looking for another solution? Thanks.

As I am working on switching from SMF to Xenforo for a few months, my users have all pitched in to donate toward the price of this years hosting and the purchase of a Xenforo license. We're a small site, but we really enjoyed the sub accounts mod for SMF. I am a bit sad that this doesn't appear to be supported or planned on being ported for 2, but I, too, would be very willing to in the future ask my members if it's something we want to try and gather funds for as well as pay for. I hope that you will at least consider giving it another look at possibly porting. <3

Top Bottom